Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Nursery bedding?

(12 Posts)
PeppermintInfusion Mon 24-Nov-14 16:17:02

Not sure if this is the right topic area, but anyway-

I'm looking for some nursery bedding, though a lot of what I've seen so far is very 'matchy-matchy' (distinctive matching pattern on bumper/blankets/curtains/etc)which is not really my style.

Any ideas where I could look?

Oh and it's a baby boy btw smile

GailLondon Mon 24-Nov-14 17:00:50

I like the White Company for their understated range

www.thewhitecompany.com/the-little-white-company/childrens-bedroom/childrens-bedding/

I guess you are you looking for sleeping bags rather than duvets and pillows etc though?

Lunastarfish Mon 24-Nov-14 17:23:40

Zara Home has some lovely stuff too

PeppermintInfusion Mon 24-Nov-14 18:18:32

Yes the only thing I've liked so far is the white company stuff smile

I'll check out Zara too.

Vinylux Mon 24-Nov-14 18:30:27

I have always gone for plain white fitted jersey sheets on the mattress and gro-bags, with nothing else.
There are potential safety risks associated with blankets, pillows and bumpers etc - so although they are very pretty they might be best avoided. You can buy a safe bumper called an airwrap for when the baby starts moving around the cot to avoid them getting the arms or legs stuck - I got one of those too.

TheScenicRoute Mon 24-Nov-14 20:58:41

Have you got a link to that air wrap stuff? I can't picture what you mean.

PuppyMummy Mon 24-Nov-14 21:37:50

agree with pp, you dont need 'bedding' as such.

I have matching curtains and light shade and in the cot just a white jersey sheet. baby sleeps in sleeping bags (random pattern as he likes mothercare ones because they r stretchy so he can flop his knees out!)

bumpers, etc are advised against due to sids.

clairedunphy Mon 24-Nov-14 21:39:09

There's some lovely stuff on www.unionjackandjill.com/shop/, not sure if link will work as I'm on my phone.

They haven't got a massive range but it's all quite understated and I think all UK made which I like.

BlueGreenHazelGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 21:43:22

I understand when your a pregnant you want the nursery to look beautiful but in reality the most important thing about cot sheets is that you have lots of them and that they tumble dry easily.

I really, really would spend a fortune on them as several are going to end up binned due to up retrievable stainage - and it's always the expensive ones they explode on/throw up banana on/have noro virus on (hint - these are not made up examples! grin)

BlueGreenHazelGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 21:43:57

^^ you're blush autocorrect got me...

BlueGreenHazelGreen Mon 24-Nov-14 21:44:41

^ and wouldn't obviously ... Clearly should try to cook and MN at the same time!

AriaBeth Thu 04-Dec-14 23:27:20

As it is Winter time, i prefer to go for Wool when selecting bedding for my Lo as it creates a perfect micro-climate helping to avoid overheating.

The Wool Company has excellent range of pure cotton blankets, woven and knitted to suit all tastes and budgets.

www.thewoolcompany.co.uk/baby-bedding.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now