Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recommendations for 8 week scan in London

(6 Posts)
banana84 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:44:35

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a clinic for an 8 week scan in London? I've seen some good things about the fetal medical clinic on Harley Street so thinking of booking with those guys.

My plan is to announce it to the parents in a Christmas card and include a copy of the scan photo all being well. I'm mindful it won't really show much at just over 8 weeks but it means that all the immediate family find out at the same time and I don't have to make any lame excuses for not drinking over Christmas - very out of character for me!

Thanks in advance

Zahrah5 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:51:50

I second FMC.

I had with them the early Harmony package which included early scan at 10 weeks and Nuchal scan at 12 weeks.

They definitelly do great job and check many things, incomparable to NHS.

GailLondon Mon 24-Nov-14 11:18:03

I had a fabulous 8 week early scan with BabyBond, they have clinics at many Mothercare stores. It was £99 which is likely to be a fair bit cheaper than the FMC charge. FMC are fabulous if you have any medical issues, but if you are expecting a low-risk, basic checkup then I was extremely happy with the cheaper package from Babybond. I went back to them later for a private gender scan aswell.
www.ultrasound-direct.com/babybond-pregnancy-scans/

mammycampbell Mon 24-Nov-14 14:42:34

ahh also came on to say FMC!

Their viability scans are £100 and can be done at 6 - 10 weeks Scan Details Prices

Like Zahrah I waited till 10 weeks and did the Harmony package, BUT that's more like £400 and includes loads of other bits, Nuchal, CVS if necessary etc and may well be too far off for you to get a pic in time for xmas anyway!

Have heard good things about babybond too and i know they have locations all over London if that is where you are based, there's one near my old office in fenchurch street for example which is handy if you work in the city.

i think it's a great way of telling your parents, what a great christmas present. i bet they will be delighted for you smile

charlieis30 Mon 24-Nov-14 16:49:51

FMC from me as well... they picked up my problems in MC2 but I've booked in again this time around. GBP100 which I think is fine for London!

banana84 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:13:36

Fab thanks. I'll give them a call tomorrow and try and get booked in for a couple of weeks time. I'd love to wait til 10/11 weeks and get the Harmony package but it'll be a bit too close to Christmas for my announcement idea and I'd probably struggle to get time off work. Suppose it just means I don't have to wait too long til I get another scan! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now