Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Scan today - strikes

(4 Posts)
purplebiro Mon 24-Nov-14 08:47:44

Our 12 week scan is booked for 1.40pm today and there is a 4 hour nhs strike this morning running 7.00am - 11.00am. Do you think it's worth me calling to see if there's going to be a delay as a result or will I get short shrift? I'm not too fussed about waiting and I support the strike but DP's work have been a bit shitty about giving him the time off work, doubt it will go down well if he's away longer than expected.

sizethree Mon 24-Nov-14 09:16:32

If I were you is call up at 11am to check that your appointment still stands. But I would have thought they'd have given you prior notice as these strikes are usually very well organised to have minimum affect on patient care.
Good luck. Wishing you a healthy happy pregnancy.

purplebiro Mon 24-Nov-14 10:05:48

Thanks.

zebrapig Mon 24-Nov-14 10:51:29

We had our scan at 9am and everything seemed pretty much normal. They were 5-10mins behind but that's not unusual anyway, so hopefully it should be ok for you. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now