Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

spotting after sex

(7 Posts)
Bondy83 Sun 23-Nov-14 20:36:39

The last few times after having sex I've had a bit of spotting a couple hours later. There's no pain at all & baby is very active. I'm 26 wks. Should I be worried? Would you refrain from sex or is it quite normal?

eastcoastmum2014 Sun 23-Nov-14 21:50:28

Best bet is speak to your midwife about it before you have sex again, and see what she says. I think its not uncommon to spot after sex but if its happening every time its best get yourself checked to be on the safe side. Congrats on you LO! x

weelamb123 Mon 24-Nov-14 08:32:42

I'm only 6 weeks gone and I've told hubby that there will be no sex for a wile. I'm just too scared! �� at 26 weeks though, I'm sure its fine ��

Shelduck Mon 24-Nov-14 08:47:51

Yes, talk to your mw, but it's not uncommon and not necessarily anything to worry about.

happybunny2014 Mon 24-Nov-14 21:24:59

Could be cervical erosion which is common during pregnancy, get it checked by a midwife though so you can have your mind put at ease about everything. Good luck

pinkie1982 Tue 25-Nov-14 14:23:39

I have erosion and have had to have it cauterised twice in the past. I am now 6+3 and this week had bleeding with intercourse. It is definitely the erosion and not anything else in my case (I know as I have had it on and off for years) it was all gone after a few hours. No pain and no other bleeding before or after

makeitabetterplace Tue 25-Nov-14 14:54:21

I haven't had it but my midwife said I might and that it was totally normal as the cervix is more sensitive. I wouldn't worry about it at all. You could mention it for reassurance next time you see your midwife. It will go away once the baby arrives.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now