Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gestational Diabetes

(6 Posts)
Noappointmentnecessary Sun 23-Nov-14 20:14:55

Hi, I'm now 31 weeks pregnant - I had a scan about 2 weeks ago and they said babies belly was a bit on the big side. Anyone else been told this? Did it have serious implications? Any advice? TIA x

ladyflower23 Mon 24-Nov-14 09:15:54

Do you know if it was still in the normal range? Did they indicate that it should be a concern. My first baby's belly was at the top end of the normal range at the 20 week scan but there was nothing wrong. He has always had a really pot belly (like his mummy!) So was just his body shape. His legs were right down the bottom end of the normal range and he still has really short legs but again theres no problem.

twiglet2 Mon 24-Nov-14 10:50:36

My 20 week scan showed a large abdominal circumference compared with other measurements, but the sonographer wasn't bothered. I mentioned it to my midwife and she said it wasn't a problem and could have been that the baby needed a wee!

Dorisdolalee Mon 24-Nov-14 20:36:09

Same. At 20 weeks the baby had a big abdominal reading. Then I booked myself in for a GD test as they wanted to rule it out. Then they said I didn't have it (GD) but that i needed another test as it doesn't develop till after. 24 weeks! So it can't have been my GD causing a big baby. I'm going to have a 30 week scan to check and then decide if I need a GD test

But most people seem to think it's no big deal just one of those things - big tummy / baby needed a wee etc

Noappointmentnecessary Mon 24-Nov-14 22:08:26

It was just over the "normal range" at my last scan - 30 weeks x

Noappointmentnecessary Mon 24-Nov-14 22:08:43

I'm having another scan next week

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now