Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Good bra during pregnancy?

(13 Posts)
Bubble8 Sun 23-Nov-14 19:24:29

Hi ladies,

I am wondering if any of you have any suggestions on which bra might be best during pregnancy? I have been looking online And obviously all say that they are great! Some personal views, recommendations would help a lot. smile

makeitabetterplace Sun 23-Nov-14 19:53:11

I'm perfectly happy with the mothercare ones I've bought. They're not under wired but they hoik me up enough. I've gone from. 32c to a 34dd and each bra along the way I've got from mothercare. I have to admit that I've only got one working bra at a time which I wear everyday. (I do wash and dry overnight!) as I can't be doing spending out nearly £20 on a bra and getting several.

GooseRoasties Sun 23-Nov-14 19:55:50

I found that the mothercare non unwired really comfy.. They put me in the right place being a large size anyway (f atm).

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 23-Nov-14 20:00:09

Normal underwired bras in the right size. smile

HazleNutt Sun 23-Nov-14 20:04:36

normal bras, just sizing up as needed.

Bubble8 Sun 23-Nov-14 20:22:05

Thanks everyone!

I looked at the mothercare unwired support bras too. They do have good reviews. I'll probably invest in one of these.

I read that wired bras may cut of the blood flow, hence why I am now worried on having the right bra! I do want to look after my assets grin

TiredNow Sun 23-Nov-14 20:25:15

www.hotmilklingerie.com/HotMilk shop around as you can get good deals but these were the best ones I ever found

thesmallbear Sun 23-Nov-14 20:27:06

Hi all, I'm only eight weeks and my boobs are massive already! Should I buy a maternity bra now or can I expect them to grow even more!? Do I just get my pre-pregnancy bra size or do I need to get re-measured?

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 23-Nov-14 20:31:42

Bubble - That isn't true and is lazy advice given by people who can't fit bras properly (M&S, Mothercase, I am looking at you).

A badly fitted underwired bra can press on breast tissue as your breasts grow and cause blocked ducts, etc.

A well fitted bra is not a problem at all. Indeed, if you are well endowed it is far, far better than bouncing about for months on end. There are only two issues with wearing a properly fitted underwire in pregnancy:

1. You need to be prepared to buy a new bra if it stops fitting. If you change shape/size frequently, this can get expensive.

2. Some people find that, as their bump gets bigger, the bump presses into the underneath of the underwire and gets uncomfortable. I had this with my first pregnancy, but not 2 or 3. For about the last 6 weeks.

The same goes for nursing bras actually.

HazleNutt Sun 23-Nov-14 20:33:36

it's totally fine to wear wired bras during both pregnancy and breastfeeding. In fact, if you have bigger than average bras, those non wired maternity and nursing bras simply won't offer enough support.
if possible, go get fitted somewhere where they know what they are doing, like Bravissimo. (not mothercare or M&S)

HazleNutt Sun 23-Nov-14 20:34:25

crossed posts with Penguin, basically what she said.

PenguinsandtheTantrumofDoom Sun 23-Nov-14 20:34:42

Cross post HazleNutt. But you were far more concise. grin

Serafinaaa Sun 23-Nov-14 21:13:56

Bravado body silk seamless! I don't wear any others since getting a couple of these.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now