Talk

Advanced search

High ALT levels

(4 Posts)
BeanCalledPickle Sun 23-Nov-14 17:45:17

Hi, had my sixteen week appointment and everything absolutely normal except elevated liver enzymes, specifically ALT. I know this often happens late in pregnancy but not now. They are obviously concerned as they booked me back in for a twenty week appointment after my scan and described it as routine. I know it's not! Normally it would be 25 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this? Is there something wrong with me, and will it have an impact on the baby??

Poppies26 Sun 23-Nov-14 18:54:28

Elevated ALT levels can indicate obsertic cholostis (sorry about spelling). Normally this is accompanied by itching in the hands and feet, and dark wee. Have u any of these. I had this in my first pregnancy but at 34 weeks. I had a prem baby as I had other complications. If no other complications normal practice is to induce at 38 weeks. During my second pregnancy I was on steroids and although the consultant though the OC would return it did not. Do u have a consultant? If u do and u experience itching or an increase in the itching go and see the doc or consultant straight away. At ur next appointment ask them for a plan for ur pregnancy as far as u can plan. Lastly do not google.

BeanCalledPickle Sun 23-Nov-14 19:05:04

No itching or dark wee! And thought too early for that anyway?

Poppies26 Sun 23-Nov-14 19:52:49

I had dark wee from quite early on itching and raised alt later on. I mointered movements as well, ensured 10 kicks, I realise this is still a bit early for u. Any concerns or feeling unwell get checked out. During my second pregnancy I was at the hospital every two weeks and every week from 30 weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now