We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

passive smoking

(5 Posts)
Aley009 Sun 23-Nov-14 14:19:04

I don't smoke let me just start by saying that and I am quite alert when it comes to things that could harm baby but now I am worried
Yesterday we went to MIL house and she was smoking in the same room as me, sat quite near me , also SIL.
I didn't think much of it at the time as we were chaatting and all, but now I started to think about damange from passive smoke , it's the first and last time I have exposed myself to smoke like that. Will baby be ok?sad I am 37 weeks

Aley009 Sun 23-Nov-14 16:46:14

?

WingsClipped Sun 23-Nov-14 16:55:19

Not ideal if you have to do it everyday but I'm sure that one episode won't have harmed your baby.

DanyStormborn Sun 23-Nov-14 17:24:14

I sit with smokers (well half smoke, half don't) in an outdoor shelter on my break at my volunteer job. It is only 15 minutes once a week in an open-ish area and doesn't feel too bad to me (nothing like being in pub in the old days) so it hasn't occurred to me to worry. So sitting with your smoking MIL once doesn't seem bad to me.

TinyMonkey Sun 23-Nov-14 21:05:21

You'll be fine. If you live in a city you probably breathe in the equivalent in exhaust fumes daily anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now