Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant with Third Child - Indigestion!

(3 Posts)
Bubbly77 Sun 23-Nov-14 13:27:09

Hi all. I'm 13 weeks pregnant with my third child but really suffering with indigestion...yes already. I'm guessing it's because my tummy contents are being moved upwards. Previous pregnancies I used Gaviscon but this time around I feel too sick to use that, so have been using Rennie tablets instead. However, within 30 minutes of taking a Rennie, the indigestion returns. Any tips would be welcomed. Many thanks.

hopefull2424 Sun 23-Nov-14 13:37:49

Hi, I'm the same hun. I'm only 6 weeks with #3 but that's what made me poas as I don't normally have heartburn like that. I've tried gaviscon and gaviscon advance but they only last a few hours. I'm off to the gp as its keeping me up at night. Also try a glass of cold milk as that normally works for a while xx

cosmicgirl99 Sun 23-Nov-14 13:45:25

I was the same. Suffered it all through first pregnancy and this time round started again second trimester. This time my obstetrician has prescribed me ranitidine ( I think it's called Zantac over the counter in UK but prob best to ask GP/midwide) which is brilliant so long as I take it exactly 12hours apart without fail. I also find not eating or even drinking anything after 6pm makes it much easier to sleep. Hope you get it sorted, it's so horrid!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now