Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First time mummy to be who needs advice

(10 Posts)
Katiekoo93 Sat 22-Nov-14 20:51:08

Hi everyone,

Ive just found out im pregnant! My boyfriend has taken his kids to visit their gran tonight so he isnt here...should i wait until he comes home to tell him the news face to face?

Im also a bit nervous about telling other people. I'm 21 and have just finished uni and have a good job so I know I can give the baby the life it deserves but I'm still worried about the negative reaction of others. Any advice?

Thank you all so much girls smile
Sorry about typing issues, just got a new phone which havent got the hang of yet haha

woodwaj Sat 22-Nov-14 21:47:00

Congrats katie! Personally id wait till he comes back! I wouldn't worry about telling other people till your 12 week scan. And anyone with a negative reaction id just ignore! How far along do you think you are?

Katiekoo93 Sat 22-Nov-14 21:54:31

Thanks woodwaj! Yeah I think you're right, best face to face and then we can properly celebrate together :D wish me luck!

I think probably around 4 weeks, though I'm going to buy one of those fancy tests tomorrow to try and get a better idea though smile

m33r Sun 23-Nov-14 08:53:18

Congrats katie I wanted to say beware the 'fancy' tests! They are notoriously bad for worrying people by telling them they are less further along. Also, the pg test will date you from conception (but not very accurately) where docs etc will date you from first day of last period.

Great to get them to see the words but beware the dates! Congrats again

woodwaj Sun 23-Nov-14 09:38:38

How did he react? Hope all went well!! Personally i like the first response tests but again they don't give you the date. (Ive used them all though oops!) confused

Katiekoo93 Sun 23-Nov-14 16:02:07

Thanks for the advice and kind words! He's still not home and isn't getting back til around 8...longest day ever! haha

woodwaj Sun 23-Nov-14 16:38:20

I bet! I thought he would be home the same day!! Good luck x

Katiekoo93 Sun 23-Nov-14 20:36:06

He was over the moon!! grin

woodwaj Sun 23-Nov-14 20:41:29

Congratulations thats all that matters good luck x

NovemberRainbow Sun 23-Nov-14 21:18:05

Congrats thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now