Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

struggling

(7 Posts)
bobbield88 Sat 22-Nov-14 07:59:08

I'm 5w+2 and I've started with really bad constipation and back ache is this normal? And has anbody got anything that works for them? Xx

katiegee Sat 22-Nov-14 08:58:22

hi, I had pretty bad constipation in early pregnancy, it was one of the first things that made me think hmmm.... Im 37 weeks at the moment and thanks to iron supplements, it's come back sad. I add a handful of bran flakes to my cereal in the morning and make sure I'm getting plenty of fresh fruit and veg and drink loads of water. Grapes are good!

I didn't have any back pain in the early days but I do now. Hot water bottles help, and I use those heat packs on my back if I'm particularly bad during the day.

Hope things ease for you... and congratulations!

WobbilyFang Sat 22-Nov-14 09:39:51

Put your feet up on a stool or box while you are trying to poo.

m33r Sat 22-Nov-14 09:48:15

Fybogel every morning can help.

RetroHippy Sat 22-Nov-14 10:43:28

The constipation is probably causing the back pain. Thankfully I didn't suffer too badly, but an intensive day or two of fybogel helped. I've heard good things about lactulose too, which you can get in big bottles on prescription.

Hope it eases soon.

soaccidentprone Sat 22-Nov-14 10:54:04

Dried apricots. Mot too many though, otherwise you'll end up with tummy ache too!

Also make sure you are drinking plenty, and eating plenty of fruit and veg.

EstRusMum Sat 22-Nov-14 11:05:02

Lactulose is a blessing. Although I started taking it only after 15 weeks, it has really helped me. Right now 33 weeks and had a quite loose one for the past 3-4 weeks.
Don't know what to recommend for back pain. I'm struggling myself with it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now