Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very little movement-36weeks with first baby

(15 Posts)
Mol92 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:09:28

I am 36 weeks pregnant with my first baby (boy). for the past 2 days i have felt maybe 3/4 movements in total. He is normally kicking and moving about all of the time.
When i was 26 weeks i was monitored in hospital for almost 4 hours for the same thing.
I have read that babys movement aparantly slow down towards the end of the pregnancy but i am worried. I Have tried fizzy drinks,food etc and still nothing.
Any advice?!??

sunnybobs Fri 21-Nov-14 23:11:12

If you've tried lying down & cold drinks etc then phone your triage dept right now & go and be monitored

bakingtins Fri 21-Nov-14 23:11:51

Phone your maternity assessment unit ( now, tonight) and I expect they will call you in to be monitored. Hopefully all is well but don't take the risk.

makeitabetterplace Fri 21-Nov-14 23:12:38

As I understand it, the baby should move just as often as always but their movements will be less 'big' as they are cramped up and have less room. Go and get monitored

queenbrunhilda Fri 21-Nov-14 23:15:07

Yup, ring right now. Sure all will be fine but absolutely not a thing to take a chance with.

OydNeverDeclinesGin Fri 21-Nov-14 23:15:53

You need to go to triage tonight, baby's movements do not slow down towards the end of pregnancy.
It could be he/she is in a different position so difficult to feel them but this should be checked professionally really.
If your worried enough to be asking on here then ring your maternity unit, they should advise triage.

kilmuir Fri 21-Nov-14 23:20:05

Give you mat team a call, you need some reassurance

AnythingNotEverything Fri 21-Nov-14 23:22:18

Call the maternity unit and be ready to go, tonight. He's probably just spun around but you can't know that.

Let us know how you get on.

IComeFromALandDownUnder Fri 21-Nov-14 23:28:15

Agree with all of the above. Please call your unit. Best of luck

Mol92 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:49:38

Thanks for the advice, gave the maternity unit a call and theyve asked me to go in now. Will let you know how it goes!

Bugsylugs Fri 21-Nov-14 23:55:05

Glad you are going up hope all is ok

m33r Sat 22-Nov-14 08:46:02

Hope everything was ok OP x

KnackeredMuchly Sat 22-Nov-14 09:40:35

Hope you and baby are ok flowers

Mol92 Sat 22-Nov-14 12:33:02

So went to the hospital last night and everything is fine thank god! Midwife asked why i had waited 2 days before going in and said to make sure we go in straight away next time as cannot be too safe with movements. Had a scan today to check fluid etc and all is ok! grin theyve booked me in to see a consultant on Wednesday so will see what happens from there! Fingers crossed will be plain sailing from here until little man arrives!! wink thank you all for your advice and well wishes! X

bakingtins Sat 22-Nov-14 13:48:43

Glad to hear all is well smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now