Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What happens if u go into labour before elcs date?

(3 Posts)
Newmom2b Fri 21-Nov-14 22:28:35

Hi, just wondering really.
I had a elcs with my first as he was breech but went into labour a week before so they did a emcs. This time I have the choice, still not 100% decided but just wondering if I was to go into labour before my elcs date would they still do one given that this time I could go either way if u see what I mean? TIA xx

EstRusMum Fri 21-Nov-14 23:35:02

Well. I have mine booked in 6 weeks and I was told that in case of an early labour they will check me and offer different options according to situation.
I personally think that if it happens to me and by the time I get to hospital I'm 6-7cm, I'll wait for couple of hours. If I will be able to give birth quickly, I'll go with VBAC. If not - EMCS. And definitely won't allow to induce me.
I have read about it as well and it seems that it's a common practice to decide on the spot in this type of situations.

cheesecakemom Sat 22-Nov-14 00:05:54

For me - go in and have the cs provided there aren't any reasons why they can't i.e too early/ can't stop it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now