Talk

Advanced search

Early miscarriage?

(20 Posts)
PebbleTTC Fri 21-Nov-14 19:04:09

Hi all, I'm only just after finding out I'm pregnant, I think I'm only about 4 weeks 3 days. Iv had mild cramps for the last week but today Iv had stronger cramps not painful but noticeable, I also have lower backache and thigh aches all of which I normally get when my period starts. Does this mean I'm at the start of a miscarriage?

Jodie1982 Fri 21-Nov-14 19:08:12

No Hun it doesn't necessarily mean a miscarriage. You'll find yourself with all sorts of aches n pains that will worry you. Try not to worry yourself too much. As long as you have no bleeding? Put your feet up when you can and rest if your too crampy, and some paracetamol. Congratulations smile

dorasee Fri 21-Nov-14 19:16:19

No not at all. I've had that feeling througout all of my pregnancies. I do try and put my feet up though and relax. It is really important not to over do it. I would get this feeling quite badly if I went out walking too long with my other kids or if we had a big day out. It is quite normal. There will be lots of these niggles and sometimes these cramps can be stronger than you'd expect. I had proper period cramping during my last pregnancy. Do take it easy. Grab a (not too) hot water bottle or take a warm bath. I always read this as a sign that my body was telling me to relax. Congratulations!!

PebbleTTC Fri 21-Nov-14 19:28:13

Thanks Jodie and Dorasee Iv put myself to bed hopefully will help me feel better

ForTheLoveOfSocks Fri 21-Nov-14 19:30:53

Another one who had growing pains at the beginning. With my first DC I was constantly at the GP's panicking I was miscarrying blush

Congratulations. Now make sure you get plenty of rest flowers

PebbleTTC Fri 21-Nov-14 20:37:20

Thanks, I feel a bit better since coming up to bed!

Swanny84 Fri 21-Nov-14 21:09:08

That's exactly how I am hun, I'm worried too but this is my 3rd baby and they've all been so different pregnancies. I'm about 5 weeks. Good luck xx

Picklesauage Fri 21-Nov-14 22:22:41

If you are this early and going to miscarry your pregnancy test lines would probably be faint or getting fainter. (Personal experience of miscarriage at early and later stages.)

I will also say for every one of my pregnancies, successful and not, I always felt like my period was starting and then it didn't. I then suffered for a few weeks with cramp like feelings. It was just uterus changing and stretching.

Fingers crossed all is fine.

butterbeerfloat Fri 21-Nov-14 22:44:20

It's out of your hands either way so just look after yourself and enjoy the time you are pregnant, but what you've described is certainly no reason to think it's all about to come to an end anyway. I had just the same crampy about to come on feeling and I'm 38 weeks tomorrow with a healthy baby boy so relax and enjoy smile Congrats!

BlinkAndMiss Fri 21-Nov-14 22:47:34

Same here, it's completely normal. Drink plenty of water as it helps.

PebbleTTC Sat 22-Nov-14 08:09:45

Thanks everyone! Pickle- I'll keep an eye on the pregnancy test lines !

Picklesauage Sat 22-Nov-14 09:45:21

I miscarried at 4+6 and my lines never got fully dark and started to lighten the day before I bled. So if your lines are easy to see I would be very hopeful.

PebbleTTC Sat 22-Nov-14 09:57:31

This is this morning's test. I'll keep checking to make sure the line is getting darker. Cramps were gone this morning when I woke but the last hour they are back - I'm waking 3 or 4 times a night thinking about it!

Picklesauage Sun 23-Nov-14 09:55:49

Oh, that's a good line, mine were never that easy to see. You really had to want it with mine!

I have everything crossed for you, but I am secretly hopeful.

makeitabetterplace Sun 23-Nov-14 10:38:35

I was told it was a good sign to get cramping as the fetus is settling in. The two times I've miscarried I had no cramps. This time, I'm 30 weeks, I had cramps a lot and still do sometimes.

PebbleTTC Sun 23-Nov-14 19:20:58

Hey pickle the line is beginning to fade today-yesterday's line is stronger :-(

butterbeerfloat Mon 24-Nov-14 18:32:31

Don't put too much stock in the line thing tbh, certain factors like if your wee is more diluted can alter the result and it's just going to get you more stressed and that in itself isn't good.

See if you can get hcg levels read through blood tests with the doctors, they should be doubling every two days and they'll decrease if you're losing the baby.

But most importantly just relax! Easier said than done I know but no blood is a good sign so don't spend your pregnancy worrying over something that may not be happening! Everything crossed for you.

Swanny84 Tue 02-Dec-14 12:52:17

How are you feeling pebble? Xx

Jodie1982 Tue 02-Dec-14 13:43:48

Hope your doing okay a Pebble?

ClumsyCrocheter Tue 02-Dec-14 13:50:09

How are you Pebble?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now