Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Eating rubbish?! Feeling guilty!

(8 Posts)
Newcy Fri 21-Nov-14 17:59:06

I am 9 weeks and 5 days and I am struggling with morning sickness! I feel sick 24/7 and tend to be sick in the morning! I am finding the thought of anything healthy enough to make me feel really sick all I want is McDonald's takeaway pizza and crisps! I eat. Weetabix every morning with a fresh orange juice to try and get some goodness but as the day goes on all I want is rubbish! Will I be doing harm to my baby? I feel like I am being a bad mum already

Chunderella Fri 21-Nov-14 18:24:51

If shit is what stays down, shit is what you're going to have to eat. Sometimes in the nauseous phase, healthy food isn't an option. I remember trying to force feed myself vegetables. Didn't work, of course. You probably need the fat and calories- it's pretty common to have a 'beige' phase, especially if you're not eating that much generally, chucking up a lot or both. It doesn't last forever, and once it wears off you can eat healthily.

Chunderella Fri 21-Nov-14 18:26:32

Oh, I also found I could manage things like fruit and cherry tomatoes in small quantities if they were chopped up into easy little chunks. Could you manage something like strawberries, grapes or pear in little slices?

Lunastarfish Fri 21-Nov-14 18:29:59

I'm finding that I'm enjoying melon pears at breakfast but after that it's beige all the way and coca cola!

Newcy Fri 21-Nov-14 18:34:38

I love your name chunderella lol!smile Thanks! It's good to know I am not alone! Strawberries go down ok, I might give the chopped fruit idea... Tomorrow though as my takeaway pizza has just arrived!

BlinkAndMiss Fri 21-Nov-14 22:42:56

I'm in the same boat - I'm just going with it so I can function. Once the nausea goes I'm going to eat healthily, I put on 4st last time because I didn't eat healthily when I could. But there isn't anything you can do at this point so try not to worry.

blankfornames Sat 22-Nov-14 05:55:05

My advice is eat what you can no matter what it is. I lived on potato waffles for 14 weeks! lots of time to eat healthily once you begin feeling better!

dorasee Sat 22-Nov-14 06:11:48

Oh seriously do not be hard on yourself. Pregnancy is weird! Give in to your cravings. A McDonald's here and there does no harm. With all 3 of my kids I totally had McDonald's cravings which I gave into. But I'd balance that with salmon, kale, broccoli...later on though, not in early pregnancy. My Lord those first few weeks are not easy... I just fluctuate between being green with nausea and stuffing kebabs, chips, and every fried food down my throat. It will calm down once those sickly weeks pass. You'll have the cravings but you can counter your indulgences with healthy stuff. But just get through these early days. Don't feel rubbish! flowers You're having a lovely baby! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now