Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

baths whilst pregnant

(15 Posts)
weelamb123 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:52:16

I am just over 5 weeks pregnant with second child, is it save to have a bath? ��

Mouthfulofquiz Fri 21-Nov-14 17:55:52

Errrrrrm yes, as long as you don't fall out of it!

grocklebox Fri 21-Nov-14 17:56:31

why wouldn't it be? confused

snala Fri 21-Nov-14 17:59:13

shock
Are you sure you're safe to have a child? wink
Of course it's safe!!!!

m33r Fri 21-Nov-14 18:01:01

weelamb I think the issue is with temperature. I'm not sure what 'too hot' is but it's the same as not using jacuzzis. Hopefully someone more knowledgable will be along shortly

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 21-Nov-14 18:01:20

Why wouldn't it be safe, OP?

weelamb123 Fri 21-Nov-14 18:05:09

I don't know �� I'm just panicking about everything right now! ��

strawberry1202 Fri 21-Nov-14 18:08:40

I think some people get worried about temeperature, in a similar way to how you are meant to avoid Jacuzzis and steamrooms etc because they can raise your body temperature...but I think you'd be fine as long as it's not too hot (unhelpfully I can't remember what temperature wld be considered too hot).

WobbilyFang Fri 21-Nov-14 18:12:25

I read that even if it's hot it cools down fast enough to not be a problem. Saunas etc have a constant temperature and that's why they are discouraged (but not in most sauna using counties like Sweden).
Relax, enjoy your bath.

Jodie1982 Fri 21-Nov-14 19:12:20

My mum is one of those that love an old wives tale, she's always telling me not to have baths too hot lol. You'll b fine Hun. I use to love a bath, but now I'm like a big Whale thrashing about, trying to get comfy or keeping my bump n boobs warm as they no longer go under the water, not to mention when I'm trying to get out! I must be such a sad sight to see hahahaha!

m33r Fri 21-Nov-14 19:56:08

Also weelamb don't worry about worrying: we all do. MN is great for helping calm you down! I had an 'episode' with cold pizza early on. I'm 23+1 and still have some panics but not as many and MN had really helped so come here with any questions - daft as they may seem!

smile

I used to worry about this as I loved hot baths, I just ran is slightly less hot than previously with both pregnancies and everything was fine. I found warm baths helped in early labour too.

D0nnaO Fri 21-Nov-14 21:24:24

I'm almost 17 weeks & live in the bath recently! as soon as I get in from work I'm in & stay in there for over an hour at a time

Picklesauage Fri 21-Nov-14 22:18:41

Hi I'm pickle and I'm a bath addict! I have a bath most nights. I asked my midwife about it. She said babies don't have a method to cool down as they rely on your body temp. So best not to have a bath that would make you sweat. Anything other than that is fine!

So no super scalding baths! Only other things to check are bubble bath ingredients as some essential oils are not advised in pregnancy.

Pipbin Sat 22-Nov-14 13:31:39

I've thought the same thing.
Not a daft question at all. I was told no baths after embryo transfer by my fertility clinic.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now