Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What do I want to eat?

(37 Posts)
Hellohellohowareyou Fri 21-Nov-14 16:53:45

7+4 with HG. I don't want to eat but I know I need to, even if it won't stay down for long. I just cannot face anything. It's just so infuriating and my poor DH keeps suggesting things and I just cannot face them and usually I would Hoover them up!

Arrggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!

VirtualPointyHat Fri 21-Nov-14 16:55:36

Hello

I am 7+4 too, sorry you are having such a rough time of it.

How about starting with a tiny bit of toast?

kitkat321 Fri 21-Nov-14 16:56:38

I didn't have hg but a bit of sickness and nausea for about 18 weeks - I found that bland food like toast worked well - not overly healthy but about all I could stomach.

sparklyandbright Fri 21-Nov-14 16:58:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

makeitabetterplace Fri 21-Nov-14 17:01:47

Crisps did it for me. Salty, dry, crunchy.

kitkat321 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:07:19

Oh yeah crips - salt and vinegar squares hit the spot!!

Hellohellohowareyou Fri 21-Nov-14 17:07:37

I have toast every morning and bring that back up (sorry) I'm just so so hungry but don't want anything which I know is no good for me or baby!

MrsCrankypants Fri 21-Nov-14 17:09:26

How about a banana or stewed apple? Or plain mashed potato?
Can you drink ok? If you're finding that hard ice pops can work well

excitedforbaba Fri 21-Nov-14 17:21:05

I had terrible HG at the start of my pregnancy and I found chicken soup and mashed potatoes all mixed up was so nice also McDonald's mchicken sandwiches but theyv been my "sicky food" for ages wether it was a cold, hangover or pregnancy sickness iv always wanted one when iv been unwell!

Yes to salt and vinegar crisps, spirals and mccoys I found the best

Sucking rhubarb and custard sweets throughout the day also helped and as disgusting as it sounds eating foods which is easier to bring back up. Anything nice related or Chinese takeaway was horrendous

Hope it eases for u. I only started feeling human at about 19 weeks and if I had £1 for every time someone suggested a ginger biscuit I'd never have to go back to work after mat leave!!

tomanyanimals Fri 21-Nov-14 17:21:55

Would crackers work?

excitedforbaba Fri 21-Nov-14 17:22:01

That's supposed to say anything mince related not anything nice related! lol

juneavrile Fri 21-Nov-14 17:24:45

some avocado would give you a good hit of nutritious vitamins and minerals
glass of milk - or milkshake made with real banana or strawberries or cocoa
hummus and brown pitta
jacket potato with butter

Note that you might find the eating a bit easier than the thought of eating.

Hellohellohowareyou Fri 21-Nov-14 17:30:28

You are all great and thank you for your thoughts and ideas on what has got to be the most open ended question ever!

At the moment all of the suggestions make me feel queasy but I shall pop back when I do actually feel like eating grin

Ice lollies have so far been my saviour as they have kept me hydrated and probably out of hospital this time (admitted in my first pregnancy). Also sweets were helping too until 'D'h moved them yesterday so I had a meltdown on my way to my midwife appointment and threw up in a Tupperware container on the journey there.

Classy! blush

Shelduck Fri 21-Nov-14 17:38:00

Note that you might find the eating a bit easier than the thought of eating.

Yes, very true, juneavrile. I very often insisted I couldn't eat a thing, and then wolfed down a whole plateful...or I'd just turn green. hmm You never know until you try sometimes!

Bustherb Fri 21-Nov-14 17:52:08

I'm 7 & 6 and although I don't have hg I do have sickness. I found forcing something little down but often has really helped me - could be a banana or orange. Orange fizzy drinks also help but then they repeat on my chest and I have to be sick. Xxx

MrsDumbledore Fri 21-Nov-14 17:54:19

Going through Morning sickness at moment, although not hg. Oven chips seem to go down well -fish fingers also if up to a bit more. Bacon sanwiches, ready salted crisps. Biscuits- rich tea or ginger. Nothing healthy unfortunately! Last time I loved ritz crackers, but not liking the cheesiness this time!

snice Fri 21-Nov-14 18:04:22

Toast and marmalade is always good for me when I'm queasy

Lunastarfish Fri 21-Nov-14 18:32:39

Plain freeze dry noodles are my dinner at the moment

WhyOWhyWouldYou Fri 21-Nov-14 18:46:10

Noodles, crackers, Melba toast, popadums, egg fried rice, Arrowe root biscuits.

Tbh I really don't think you should worry about whether or not its remotely healthy, once you've got to the point where you can't eat, anything is better than nothing.

divingoffthebalcony Fri 21-Nov-14 18:58:05

Carbs
Bland carbs
Salty carbs

Or, anything you think won't be too disgusting on the return journey.

browneyedgirly Fri 21-Nov-14 19:17:22

I lived off plain crisps and white bread for the first 14 weeks! Hope you feel better soon.

Picklesauage Fri 21-Nov-14 22:25:21

I heard croissants were good! Odd but strangely effective for 2 friends with HG.

Topsyloulou Sat 22-Nov-14 13:07:47

In my first trimester I basically ate what you would if you were hungover, crisps, toast, chips, chocolate, sausage & mash. Not healthy at all but it was all I could stomach. Healthy eating came back at about 13 weeks. Hope you manage to find something you can keep down.

blankfornames Sat 22-Nov-14 13:14:23

Sorry hellohello that you are so sick. salt & vinegar crisps and potato waffles saw me through the dreaded first 13 weeks.

GotToBeInItToWinIt Sat 22-Nov-14 14:48:42

I'm 7 weeks today and feel the same. So far today I've had a bacon sandwich (I threw it up), a cheese sandwich (I threw it up) and some mint humbugs (they stayed down). Contemplating some salt and vinegar crisps next. I usually eat really healthily so am hating this feeling of not being able to stomach anything sad.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now