Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

I'm worried - my subchorionic haematoma is getting bigger...

(5 Posts)
nojaffacakes Fri 21-Nov-14 14:32:52

Hi everyone
Just looking for some advice and to hear similar stories...

I had a small bleed at 7+4 and a small subchorionic haematoma was found at the scan a week later. It measured 1.9cm x 0.6cm. I haven't had any further bleeding or pain, but I was scanned again today (9+4) and the haematoma has grown to 4cm x 2cm. The baby is fine - right size for dates and good heartbeat.

I was really expecting the midwife to say the sch had reduced or stayed the same, especially as i have had no bleeding. I am now really worried that the sch is going to keep growing and possibly cause mc.

If anyone has experience of sch, can you tell me is mine big, medium or small? Can sch grow and then get smaller? What is the general opinion about rest/ bed rest? The midwife said there was nothing i could do to change the outcome, but I have read that bed rest night prevent mc.

TIA

RawCoconutMacaroon Fri 21-Nov-14 14:44:36

I have no experience of this particular issue but I do know a thing or two about how blood breaks down in the body. After a skull fracture, a bruise between the scalp and the scull of my DC swelled so noticeably after about a week that we returned to hospital (as we'd been advised)... He was fine but apparently the blood breaks down and increases in volume by quite as it draws in liquid as it breaks down. Then it is absorbed.

If you have had no further bleeding, and the medical staff didn't seem concerned, maybe it's because it didn't look unusual to them?

MsRyanGosling Fri 21-Nov-14 14:45:17

I've got one of these, it was 2.5x2.5x1 at 7w1. I have not had any bleeding at all. I'm 8+2 now and the mw was slightly incredulous and disbelieving when I said no bleeding. She said with one this size I definitely would bleed.

I had a scan at EPU for pain and is when they saw it.

I am walking around waiting for a big bleed sad and I'm worried the baby could go with it sad

I asked if it would be growing or shrinking and she said she didn't know confused

Sorry, that doesn't help you an awful lot. I am to avoid sex not hard! but go about my daily business as usual.

nojaffacakes Fri 21-Nov-14 14:53:06

Thanks for your replies.

RawCoconut - that is really interesting. When i had my small bleed at 7+4 it was quite "watery" with red blood mixed in. I actually posted on here at that time because I wasn't sure where all the watery stuff was coming from. But perhaps it was the blood breaking down. Though it has got bigger again since then....

MsRyan - I'm sorry you're going through this too. It is stressful - I have a mini-panic every time i go to the loo in case i see blood. Have you been given a good reason as to why you should avoid sex? I feel like i just want to lie down on the sofa and not move until my next scan next week!

SilverStars Fri 21-Nov-14 16:55:39

Hi I am 14 weeks and discovered a SCH at a private scan at 8 weeks. At my NHS dating scan at 12 weeks it had doubled. Had another scan this week and it has continued to grow.

My consultant said there is nothing they can do apart from if bleed heavily or have bad pains to go to hospital ( not that they can stop it but to see if baby is ok, is cervix closed etc).

It is scary. I am counting off each week nearer to 24!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now