Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Would you say this is a boy?

(9 Posts)
wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 09:55:15

This is my scan at 13 weeks, the ultrasound technician said she wasn't allowed to comment whether she thought it was a boy or a girl, is this a nub or do you think this is a penis? No other pictures that show anything I'm afraid.

wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:12:14

more pics

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 21-Nov-14 10:17:20

I'm pretty sure you can't see a penis at 13 weeks, it is tiny! Also a girls genitalia at that stage can be swollen and also look like a boys. Can't comment on what I think it is as I have no idea, but you'll be able to find out soon enough.

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:18:18

I would guess a boy - purely on the shadowy bit between the legs in first picture.

SunbathingCat Fri 21-Nov-14 10:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elysianfields Fri 21-Nov-14 10:21:17

You might want to ask MN to edit this, your name is clearly visible.

Congratulations though, whatever the baby is!

wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:26:54

I don’t mind about the name, it’s just because my midwife said that in her opinion that looks like a boy so I thought I’d ask, currently trying to restrain myself from getting an early scan to find out ! Thank you x

ILiveOnABuildsite Fri 21-Nov-14 15:27:45

As far as I know both boys and girls have a nub and the theory relies on the angle from a side on view. I can't see the angle from your first picture though. Based on skull theory I would say it looks like a girl to me but I'm no expert I just like to guess.

blackwidow74 Fri 21-Nov-14 22:04:33

Going by your second pic I would say girl smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now