Talk

Advanced search

Would you say this is a boy?

(9 Posts)
wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 09:55:15

This is my scan at 13 weeks, the ultrasound technician said she wasn't allowed to comment whether she thought it was a boy or a girl, is this a nub or do you think this is a penis? No other pictures that show anything I'm afraid.

wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:12:14

more pics

GotToBeInItToWinIt Fri 21-Nov-14 10:17:20

I'm pretty sure you can't see a penis at 13 weeks, it is tiny! Also a girls genitalia at that stage can be swollen and also look like a boys. Can't comment on what I think it is as I have no idea, but you'll be able to find out soon enough.

WanderingTrolley1 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:18:18

I would guess a boy - purely on the shadowy bit between the legs in first picture.

SunbathingCat Fri 21-Nov-14 10:19:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Elysianfields Fri 21-Nov-14 10:21:17

You might want to ask MN to edit this, your name is clearly visible.

Congratulations though, whatever the baby is!

wtkt33 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:26:54

I don’t mind about the name, it’s just because my midwife said that in her opinion that looks like a boy so I thought I’d ask, currently trying to restrain myself from getting an early scan to find out ! Thank you x

ILiveOnABuildsite Fri 21-Nov-14 15:27:45

As far as I know both boys and girls have a nub and the theory relies on the angle from a side on view. I can't see the angle from your first picture though. Based on skull theory I would say it looks like a girl to me but I'm no expert I just like to guess.

blackwidow74 Fri 21-Nov-14 22:04:33

Going by your second pic I would say girl smile

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: