Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best place to take Heparin Injections?

(5 Posts)
Lozzy3003 Fri 21-Nov-14 08:00:41

I've just received my dose of pregnancy injections to prevent a blood clot but I'm having trouble injecting myself in my thigh where I have always injected myself, it is extremely painful and feels like my thighs are tensed and tightened so the needle won't go in properly, does anybody know of anywhere else I can inject myself? Thanks.

Ticktick Fri 21-Nov-14 09:52:14

I've had that problem, thigh hurts more and I had massive bruises sad while belly was still wobbly I uses belly button region, skin is soft and there is a fat layer to inject into. Now I'm 27 weeks, belly is firm and I'm struggling with choosing injection sites. Tend to go in on my sides just by my hip but its not ideal. Arms and bums are ok to use but difficult to do solo!

rubyboo2 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:23:02

Hi LOZZY you should have been taught where and how to inject ? Are you alternating injection sites on a daily basis ?
If you inject your tummy it must be 5 cm away from your belly button . Contact a practice nurse at your dr's to go through things with you .
Good luck

Lozzy3003 Tue 25-Nov-14 04:00:46

Hi, I told them I knew where to inject because I'd always chooses my thighs, I've used Clexane for my other pregnancies and never really had an issue with taking them but it's like I can't inject myself this time and I'd always refused to inject my stomach bug I'm thinking it's my only option this time.

Madamecastafiore Tue 25-Nov-14 05:43:57

I did mine in my stomach both pregnancies. Was told that is where it had to be, wasn't even told 5cm away from belly button.

Why are you refusing to inject in your stomach?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now