Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Do post natal wards have plugs?

(9 Posts)
sophie150 Thu 20-Nov-14 23:06:43

In for c section so will be in a few days - will I be able to charge my phone? The hospital leaflets suggest not but I can't believe in this day and age they don't let you charge phones/ iPads? Or is that what the bedside TVs are for? Thanks

Thehedgehogsong Thu 20-Nov-14 23:17:36

I charged mine when I was in for 4 days with DD. It probably depends on the hospital/midwives on shift. I didn't ask, just plugged it in. There are rules on electrical items being PAt tested in some buildings, which I didn't know about then, so I would probably ask now when you're on the ward just to be sure.

LordJabuJabu Fri 21-Nov-14 03:54:29

Have you considered a travel charger?
I have this one and it's been useful when I've had to go in at short notice & don't have a fully charged phone (eg. Day assessment unit for reduced movments with no plugs etc), also means you won't have to stretch/move around to plug it into the wall after csec?

Whenwillwe3meetagain Fri 21-Nov-14 04:46:28

I have a section today and taking a charger as my battery is terrible!!!

LittleRedDinosaur Fri 21-Nov-14 04:51:19

Loads of plugs when I was having a section 2 weeks ago- guess there has to be to plug in medical equipment.
I suppose they might say you can't use them but they were fine where I was. I'd maybe ring and ask them

JuniorMint Fri 21-Nov-14 04:52:13

I was unexpectedly in for 3 nights after DD was born due to (slightly) low birth weight (5lb 7oz), there were women who'd had C-sections on the ward foo. There was a double plug socket right next to the bed- officially I used it for: the bedside fan (it was hot on the ward!), a heat pad in DD's cot on first day, the controls to make the bed go up and down, and a medela electric breast pump that they had me on to help stimulate supply! Unofficially I used it for my, DH's and even Dmum's phones grin

ClaretAndBlue30 Fri 21-Nov-14 05:20:29

My postnatal ward had signs up saying you couldn't charge phones etc - midwives weren't bothered though and everyone was using the sockets by their beds to charge phones.

sophie150 Fri 21-Nov-14 06:02:21

Awesome. Looks like it will be ok! I have my section today wheneillimeetagain too - good luck with yours! Looks like you've been awake in the night too- I haven't slept at all!

Whenwillwe3meetagain Sun 23-Nov-14 22:44:22

Sophie hope yours went well! Yes was awake loads night before. Now lying on sofa w my beautiful 10lb bouncing boy!
And yes there were loads of plugs! wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now