Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

advice needed

(12 Posts)
bobbield88 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:40:26

Hello I'm 5 weeks pregnant and last few nights I've had abdominal pains that wake me up which end up in me going to the toilet for a number 2 Sorry tmi but after this I am absolutely fine and carry on as normal I'm just wondering if this has happened to anyone else it's my first one and I'm just really nervous xx

GotToBeInItToWinIt Thu 20-Nov-14 19:44:25

I'm 6+5 and have had similar for a couple of weeks. I had the same in my last pregnancy too! So I don't know if it's normal but you're not alone smile

harrowgreen Thu 20-Nov-14 19:45:11

Yep. The hormones (progesterone in particular) can cause all sorts of changes to your digestive system (I alternate from being totally blocked up to the other extreme). I remember getting such bad constipation/gas pain when I was about 6wks with #1 that I thought I was miscarrying.

You may also be eating/drinking differently to normal if you're getting MS, which will also affect things.

Congratulations!

TTCMrsF Thu 20-Nov-14 19:50:39

Hi there, I'm 6 weeks and started to have tummy pains / cramps from about 4.5 weeks onwards. Feel like period pains. Come and go in days and nights.

Then from 5 weeks I still have these pains but my worst symptom is tummy bloating, feel really uncomfortable at times and more often in night have to go loo even if just to release wind, "try" for a No2 or have one. I'm normally a sleep straight through night person.

I'm very windy pops but hubby still loves me! Read up on Internet and its def normal. Can't complain too much as only having that and v mild nauseous feeling sometimes (mostly when hungry), slight tiredness and no boob soreness whatsoever. gringrin

bobbield88 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:50:50

Thank you so much it's nice to know I'm not alone xxx

IWantDogger Thu 20-Nov-14 19:50:53

I've had similar in my first and this (my third) pregnancy. The first time it terrified me, they were absolute agony griping pains, then finally a loose no 2. Happened quite a few times in the early weeks and I did go to the doctor who felt my tummy and was reassuring. I came to the conclusion it was sort of ibs brought on by pregnancy and tried to avoid certain foods I thought triggered it (dried apricots for one!)
I hope it passes soon x

IWantDogger Thu 20-Nov-14 19:51:34

Oh, and it only lasted a couple of weeks for me x

TTCMrsF Thu 20-Nov-14 19:53:43

Also I'm terrible for not drinking enough water which obv can not be good for digestive system (thou I am totally regular), but read drinking plenty of water can help these pains, any bloating etc and obv needed for additional blood supply. So I'm now making sure I purposely drink more and I think it's helped me. Though often results in waking in night for wee's! X

weelamb123 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:56:52

Me too! I'm just over 5 weeks and got some tummy pain like cramps. Think I just need a number 2 ��

LovelyWeatherForDucks Thu 20-Nov-14 19:58:12

Me too! 5 weeks and feeling bloated and period like aches.

weelamb123 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:59:37

Yes, me too. I look 3 months gone. ��

bobbield88 Thu 20-Nov-14 20:04:40

Yeah I look like I further than I am there so painfully like tears to your eyes I have insurance as well but trying to eat lots of fiber etc hopefully it will pass I've been to the doctors today and she s as us everything felt fine nothing tender it unusual xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now