Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

I'm still going on and on about omeprazole... sorry! Success stories please!?

(4 Posts)
HappyLucyLou Thu 20-Nov-14 18:00:35

Hi I'm in my first tri and having to take omeprazole, without it I'm miserable and throw up loads. I didn't get acid reflux until my last tri with my first pregnancy, this pregnancy I've had it from day one. Has anyone been in the same boat but managed to come off omeprazole after the first tir when things are meant to get better? I only ask because although it's helping I still feel awful and the thought of being like this for the rest of my pregnancy makes me feel so low I can hardly bare it! I want the part where food is my best friend and everything tastes amazing. Even if you have had to continue to have them throughout pregnancy have you enjoyed food at all and stopped feeling sick!? I'm just over 12 weeks (I think i was about 14 weeks when the sickness let up in my last pregnancy) Is this it for the next 6 months? sad

TheScenicRoute Thu 20-Nov-14 22:21:10

I'm six and a half months and try every now and again to come off it ( usually if I accidenntally forget one day). No chance. After 2 days I end up with constant sick burps and a low grade pain somewhere deep inside me. It's safe so I just keep taking it, I'm not getting hung up on needing it long term.

Thenorr Thu 20-Nov-14 22:29:50

I'm on ranitidine and find there are no side effects, but some days it doesn't really make any difference to the vomming. Better than without it though.

junkfoodaddict Fri 21-Nov-14 08:25:34

It doesn't sound like the drug is causing your problems but the pregnancy itself.
Are you feeling better taking the omeprazole or do you believe you would be better off of it?
I loved that drug! Stopped me drinking gaviscon! You are still very early in your oregan u. With my last, I was nauseous and off food til I was 20 weeks. I know it may seem it is never ending but you say yourself that it lasted til week 14 with the last one.
Sounds like you are feeling miserable! I do feel for you. Pregnancy in the first and into the second tri is no fun but try and hang in there. Sounds like the drug is doing its job. (It was my best friend!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now