Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Happy but scared!

(19 Posts)
Augustwedding Thu 20-Nov-14 17:41:31

Had a BFP yesterday, first pregnancy and only been trying 2 months; I realise how lucky we were it happened so quickly. Going from normal way of dating I am 3+ 5

However I am very apprehensive about the pregnancy being viable and the chance I might miscarry. I know it's very early days but I can't stop thinking about what might go wrong!

Did anyone get pregnant quickly and everything was ok?

I contemplating going for a private scan for reassurance. When would be the earliest I could do this And know there is a heartbeat?

Seasidedolly Thu 20-Nov-14 17:56:14

Congratulations!! I got pregnant in our second month of trying, but we did unfortunately miscarry at 7 weeks. However, 7 weeks after that I got another BFP and am now 20 weeks, we found out on Monday we are expecting a little boy smile smile smile

There's really nothing you can do to prevent MC and it know its easy to say but I'd advise you just to enjoy everyday and take it as it comes.

With regard to an early scan, I think the earliest they can usually see a heartbeat is 6 weeks. We had an early scan at the Early Pregnancy Unit as i had some spotting at 8 weeks, and to be honest you could see a little flicker which was the heartbeat but baby just looked like a little smudge on the screen, plus it didn't last long, they just whipped the screen round for us to see then whipped it back again! I wouldn't bother paying for a scan, the 12 week is much clearer and you can actually see the baby rather than a little blur!

Best of luck, I really hope everything goes well for you x

LovedandLoyal Thu 20-Nov-14 18:02:56

Try not to worry, the likelihood is everything will be fine smile
I got pregnant first month of trying and now have a happy & healthy 10 month old. I got pregnant second month of trying this time and now 7w+4d grin
I know the wait for the 12 week scan is hard but it will be here before you know it!

Loiterer Thu 20-Nov-14 18:12:49

Congratulations smile

I got pregnant in our third month of trying and this is our first too. I felt incredibly nervous - and actually still do, i'm now 8+2.

I think its natural. All I can say is most pregnancies are fine and there is nothing you can do (apart from try to relax) to guarantee it either way - it's in nature's hands. I see it as the first test of patience as a mother wink I'm going to wait now til the 12 week scan and have my fingers crossed my little bean is okay.

Today, you are pregnant. Enjoy the early part, before you start to feel sick, and relax relax.

Augustwedding Thu 20-Nov-14 18:46:22

Thank you all so much for taking the time to reply!

Seaside- sorry you had to go through that.

I know I'm being irrational abd I really will try and start to enjoy it before I'm throwing up!

All I can do is hope for tye best! Will prob wait for 12 week scan x

LulusMiniEgg Fri 21-Nov-14 06:46:45

I got pregnant 2nd month of trying and have had no probs, I am now 34 weeks and counting down to mat leave!

My best friend also got pregnant after 2nd months and now has a gorgeous 2 yr old and another on the way also conceived straight away.

Some of us are just really lucky to be ultra fertile. Don't worry, relax and be grateful that of hasn't taken years. The way I looked at it, if anything did happen at least we would get pregnant again quickly.

Good luck, hope all goes very well at the 12 week scan xxx

Hellohellohowareyou Fri 21-Nov-14 08:33:33

I got pregnant with my son the first time we DTD unprotected (we had decided to start trying that day) all was fine and he's a very happy and healthy little boy! Currently nearly 8 weeks with my second which again we concieved quickly, 2nd month of trying this time and so far so good! We have a scan booked for next week as we just like to know everything is ok

claireyelle Fri 21-Nov-14 08:47:04

Heylo I know how you feel! Two days ago I got my BFP after only one month of trying. I'm quite in shock, scared and excited! It's my first pregnancy too. I think everyone is right, all we can do is look after ourselves and enjoy being pregnant before the nausea etc take over! smile I think I'm 4+6 if I calculated correctly!

Loiterer Fri 21-Nov-14 08:59:20

Oh also, as my mum pointed out - there is nothing in life we have to wait a whole 9 months for. Every hour that passes your baby is steadily becoming...a baby! We're used to having things more immediately I think, and for this we are forced to wait, and wait, with not that much reassurance. It is completely normal that you feel anxious. My SIL announced her pregnancy as soon as she found out and I now look back in awe of her confidence, and that she should be able to talk about it without worrying anything should go wrong. I think these people are in the minority and most women will worry. I hear after 12 weeks it flies by!

Sorry...hope that's coherent blush

BreeVDKamp Fri 21-Nov-14 09:06:35

Congratulations!

I got pregnant without trying and was so so anxious and paranoid until even after the 12 weeks scan!! It's normal. The overwhelming chances are everything will be absolutely fine. I won't say don't worry because it is impossible not to sometimes. But just keep reminding yourself that it will most likely be fine.

My SIL is due 2 days before me so it was an extra worrying time - kept thinking, what if only one of us ends up with a baby? That would be so heartbreaking.

I had an early scan at the hospital's EPU at 10 weeks and saw the heartbeat (had some spotting and pain so that's why they scanned me). Put my mind at rest but felt like an age until our 12 weeks scan (only 2 weeks but it's such a drag waiting!). All is well and I am just starting to show smile only 15 weeks but I feel much more confident every day.

Good luck!

Xkala89x Fri 21-Nov-14 09:10:26

Hiya I'm 25 this is my first pregnancy and I'm terrified! had pains so had an inernal scan yesterday I'm 6+ 3 there was no heartbeat the Dr told me not to worry and I have to go back in 2 weeks and there should be one then just wondering if anyone had the same experience I also have a heart shaped uterus if anyone has any information on that?

BreeVDKamp Fri 21-Nov-14 09:19:03

I'm 25 too smile

I don't have any experience of that xkala but hope everything turns out well for you xx

Xkala89x Fri 21-Nov-14 10:30:44

Thank you smile

Augustwedding Fri 21-Nov-14 14:15:55

Hope it all turns out ok too. Waiting abd not knowing must be horrible sad

Xkala89x Fri 21-Nov-14 16:12:53

Thank you

BananaToast Fri 21-Nov-14 16:27:04

Congratulations! I got pregnant first month trying and like you was really worried about something going wrong. I'm now 18 weeks with everything looking perfect so far - still a while to go yet but I'm relaxing more and more as time goes by.

Augustwedding Fri 21-Nov-14 17:31:42

Told my mum today- she balled her eyes out so I have other support as well!

Ephedra Fri 21-Nov-14 19:39:57

Augustwedding you do know that your mum can't keep a secret? She will ring my mum and then mum will ring me and tell me its a secret. Just like they did when our cousin got pregnant!

Augustwedding Fri 21-Nov-14 20:57:31

Probably bit we have accepted that that may happen!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now