Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Pregnant after 4 1/2 years and scared..........

(10 Posts)
weelamb123 Thu 20-Nov-14 15:08:29

I am just discovered that I am 5 weeks pregnant after 4 and half years of ttc. Our little boy will be 9 in February!

I am sooo scared something will go wrong, as I am 35 now.

Need some words of wisdom here!

sandgrown Thu 20-Nov-14 15:10:49

Had a baby at 45 after a 21 year gap. Everything was fine . Try not to worry. Congratulationssmile

Cocolate Thu 20-Nov-14 15:17:44

Had a similar situation but had had one miscarriage in the intervening period. The only solution is to try to put it out of your mind - impossible I know but pick a date like 14 weeks (I chose 20 weeks and didn't tell anyone bar dh til that date) and focus on that. Fwiw that pregnancy was the smoothest (albeit sickest feeling!) ever. Very stressful though.
35 is NOT old!

Trooperslane Thu 20-Nov-14 15:24:25

Tried for a million years and half a million ivfs.

Gave birth at 40+3 and am talking Dh into no 2 post XMAS he is laughing at me

Serephim Thu 20-Nov-14 17:27:21

Hiya,
I am also 35 and DD will be 9 when the baby comes. It is like starting again! smile

weelamb123 Thu 20-Nov-14 19:52:45

Has anyone experienced slight cramps ��

Cocolate Thu 20-Nov-14 22:29:57

Yes, as far as I remember cramps are normal - it's everything stretching and getting ready - I was convinced I was having another miscarriage for the first 4 months - I didn't and you have to believe you won't either - otherwise you'll be so stressed.

Sonics Fri 21-Nov-14 06:42:04

I fell pregnant after 3.5 years of trying and am now 31 weeks. We were also terrified in the beginning and probably took me until about 20 weeks to get my head around it. We paid for an early scan at 8 weeks just as reassurance that everything was ok - would recommend that if you can afford it.

I also remember having cramps and getting really worried that something was wrong. One day it was just because I was a bit constipated confused!!

Good luck, try and enjoy it and I hope you're not feeling too sick! smile

Sonics Fri 21-Nov-14 06:43:45

Oh and remember that so many ladies now have happy healthy babies at age 40 and beyond so try not to let your age worry you. 35 is still a good baby making age (I am 34)

Dolallytats Fri 21-Nov-14 07:05:01

I had my first at 19, then nothing happened until my miracle at 34, then my second miracle at 39!!

It is very easy to convince yourself that something will go wrong when you have been waiting such a long time for it to happen.

Good lucksmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now