Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What were people's movement like at 20 weeks?

(20 Posts)
bev26 Thu 20-Nov-14 10:54:50

Just wondering what other people's movements were like at 20 weeks?

mrshjb Thu 20-Nov-14 11:35:26

None existant other than the odd bubble and me wondering whether it could be.... I have an anterior placenta and it's my first.

Jodie1982 Thu 20-Nov-14 11:40:00

The odd little poke now n again. I'm now 27+5 and it feels and looks like he's having a Rave in there lol.

museumum Thu 20-Nov-14 11:41:37

none. anterior placenta. i didn't feel him till 24 weeks and then in later weeks it was so seldom that i wore a 'count the kicks' bracelet so i could keep an eye out. if you have an anterior placenta then counting kicks can be worth it in the final weeks as otherwise you might not really be able to tell if they've gone quiet.

museumum Thu 20-Nov-14 11:42:35

www.countthekicks.org.uk/product/kick-counter-wristband/

Jodie1982 Thu 20-Nov-14 11:48:56

I've got an Anterior Placenta but have been lucky to feel my bubby move since about 18ish weeks.

TinyMonkey Thu 20-Nov-14 11:58:16

Nothing at all until 23/24 weeks, and that was with a posterior placenta and a breech baby.

bev26 Thu 20-Nov-14 12:00:28

This is my second (well third but I had a MMC last year at 6 weeks). I can't remember with my daughter when I got them and how frequent they were, she's 7 next month so it's all new to me again lol. My placenta is at the back. Some days I get a few 'pops' and then I can go 2/3 days without them, is this familiar to anyone? Xxx

Clarabell33 Thu 20-Nov-14 12:07:20

20wks and anterior placenta - distinct bubble/kicking/poking/pushing going on since about 18wks. No consistency re timing or frequency - sometimes nothing noticeable for a day or two, and then loads, and then quiet again. Mostly afternoons/evenings but some mornings - so far, nothing noticeable at night.

Fillybuster Thu 20-Nov-14 12:13:08

DC1: nothing

DC2: occasional slight flutters, maybe.

DC3: sporadic butterfly-ish-type flutters that were almost certainly not wind.

But 20 weeks is pretty early. I didn't get definite wiggles until waaay later.

m33r Thu 20-Nov-14 13:45:23

I felt regular kicks from 18+1 but I know that this is the exception. Now at 23weeks, I wait in bed in the morning til I get kicks; get a couple of randoms during the day (not countable or following any pattern) then LO goes mental about 6.30pm (but I am usually lying on the sofa watching my belly by this point). I then don't go to sleep until I get at least one kick in bed.

Not sure what I'll do when I hit 24 weeks... I'm not sure if 'counting' will be too stressful and if should just monitor these 'patterns' I have???

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Thu 20-Nov-14 13:54:22

I had movement from 17 weeks, I remember it clearly, by 20 weeks there was regular movement and it made me feel quite nauseous. Ds was SUCH a fidgety child I do wonder if that had any bearing on it. I think it's quite normal to not feel anything though.

ChickenMe Thu 20-Nov-14 14:26:28

Literally just starting to feel the odd bubble and even then it could be a fart
20+5

nerdsgirl Thu 20-Nov-14 18:12:59

This is my first, and up until a week ago i've had some nice strong kicks of my little boy!

TheScenicRoute Thu 20-Nov-14 22:31:10

I was already getting little pushes, but at 20 weeks a got a good kick that could be felt from the outside by my OH. I having twins, and the one that did this was back to back with me and a posteria placenta. My other twin who has an anterior placenta is no where near as active as far as I am aware.

browneyedgirly Fri 21-Nov-14 08:17:58

It's my first and I have an anterior placenta too. First felt some flutters about 19 weeks, now regularly feel them and starting to feel more like definite pokes/prods/kicks - I'm 23 weeks tomorrow. It's a fairly regular pattern: when I wake up, late morning after I have a snack, when I'm driving home from work and then at bedtime. Now I think about it, it's just when I sit still for any length of time! And having said there's a pattern, that's bound to stop and become totally sporadic!!

bev26 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:21:00

Cheers for replies smile this is my second (3rd pregnancy if you count the mmc last year). I'm 21 weeks tomorrow. Some days I get a few prods and pokes in the morning, then at night time, then I can go 2/3 days without feeling anything. I can't remember what my movement was like with my daughter because it was 2007 when I was pregnant with her, I remember a kick chart right at the end but everything was alright. My placenta is at the back too xx

DanyStormborn Fri 21-Nov-14 10:48:27

I have an anterior placenta and at 20 weeks had only just started feeling movement, it was everyday but hardly anything (the odd light kick). I think at that stage it can vary hugely between pregnancies, if you are concerned give your midwife a call.

bev26 Fri 21-Nov-14 10:52:57

I've rang them loads but they just say they don't start counting till 26/28 weeks, get the same answer all the time xx

Showy Fri 21-Nov-14 10:57:22

At 20 weeks it's normal to have movement and then nothing for a couple of days, then movement again. It's because they're still small enough to tuck away in your pelvis in a position where you can't feel them at all. That's why you don't start counting until later. You must seek help if you're worried but the pattern of movement at 20 weeks can be hit and miss.

With my first in particular, until 23 weeks movements could stop for a day or so at a time. She was just hiding.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now