Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Very early labour?

(4 Posts)
ralv Thu 20-Nov-14 10:41:30

Hi Ladies...
I'm only 33+2 so really hope DS isn't making an early appearance as I have nothing ready yet!!
Yesterday and this morning I have been having some crampy, period type pains, lower back ache and sore hips. There doesn't seem to be a pattern though and they are lasting for about 20 minutes... so doesn't seem like contractions to me (although this is my first so I really have no idea!).
I'm having a few tightenings as well but they don't seem to be connected to the other symptoms.

Is this just a common part of later pregnancy?

Thanks for your advice, in advance

R xx

Jodie1982 Thu 20-Nov-14 11:51:26

If the cramps become more regular and rather painful I'd definitely call the Maternity Unit. Hopefully it's just normal aches n pains. Fingers crossed X

Mummywithlove Thu 20-Nov-14 12:36:36

my seconds was born at 28 weeks and shes fine now, you might just be getting cramps due to ur baby grown and ur body streching or braxton hicks grin

DixieNormas Thu 20-Nov-14 12:47:28

My labours always start with irregular crampy type period pains with no set patten.

With you being 33 weeks id give the hospital a ring and see what they say, it could be nothing at all but id always check.

Ds3 was a 32 weeker and I was 5cm with just crampy period pains when they checked but ive got a dodgy cervx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now