Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

29 weeks. Baby spasming/trembling in utero - normal?

(12 Posts)
makeitabetterplace Thu 20-Nov-14 09:46:55

I noticed this a few days ago and now I'm a bit worried. I think I'm feeling normal movements too, although now I'm paranoid that they're not as often as they were. Every now and again I can feel her shaking / spasming / trembling for a few seconds (like a dog scratching his ear with his bag leg). Is this normal or should I be concerned?

Jodie1982 Thu 20-Nov-14 10:12:48

I've noticed my little fella doing that this week, haven't a clue why they do that? It is odd.

shroomboom Thu 20-Nov-14 10:25:28

I had this with dd, but she was fine. Still don't know what she was doing though!

Funkytown Thu 20-Nov-14 10:29:39

I had that during my pregnancy I asked my doctor and was told it was the nervous system developing properly strangely my baby still did it after he was born he used to kick out one leg (like when you would stroke a dog) at lightning speed

montymonty Thu 20-Nov-14 10:31:21

That's really interesting! Mine's been doing that for the past couple of weeks but I know he's ok in there (I've been monitored).

MsBug Thu 20-Nov-14 10:36:39

Could it be hiccups?

www.babycenter.com/404_is-it-normal-for-my-baby-to-be-hiccupping-in-the-womb_2647.bc

If so totally normally and very cute!

makeitabetterplace Thu 20-Nov-14 10:44:04

No it's not hiccups, they have more space, this is more strong trembles. Good to hear other people are having it too. I found her heartbeat on my tinybeats app this morning which reassured me.

juneavrile Thu 20-Nov-14 10:55:35

I have had this - described it to my husband like strobing. I've always felt it when laying down and on one side. I'm 32 weeks and I think I noticed it a few weeks ago and it's happened 3 or 4 times.

kitkat321 Fri 21-Nov-14 03:47:51

Yeah I've had this too a few times - feels weird but baby seems fine.

purplemurple1 Fri 21-Nov-14 04:11:16

I had this with dc 1 when he came out his leg would shake really fast when he took a bottle. He grew out of it ans seems fine now.
Everyone in his dad's family do the same thing, also normally when eating.
I also got told its to do with the nervous system developing.

Annbag Fri 21-Nov-14 05:09:59

I had this as well, it feel like he was having a fit in there! DS did it for can few weeks after being born too. Still no idea what it was

elsbethy Fri 21-Nov-14 05:44:29

Both mine were vibrating babies. Definitely different from hiccups. It's normal, despite how weird it feels!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now