Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Why will this end?!??

(16 Posts)
Emilyjane11 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:41:36

Hi ladies,

Apologies in advance for the miami content of this post but I am sooooo fed up.

I have been sick now for 2 weeks straight and I am 7+4 weeks pregnant and I cannot tell you how ridiculously tired and emotional I am...(i can't tell you but im sure you all know full well how I feel!)
I feel sick constantly the thought of food makes me gag and I really want to know when this is likely to end? When did symptoms start to ease for you?

Xx

HolgerDanske Thu 20-Nov-14 07:49:18

Mine started to ease in my fifth month.

I sympathise whole heartedly.

skyra13 Thu 20-Nov-14 07:53:27

I never had sickness but I did have a sicky feeling at the start, I didn't want to eat and to be honest I'm 20 weeks now and I still don't want to eat, nothing I cook I seem to like.
I't does get better the sickness I felt better after 12 weeks and sometimes I forget I'm pregnant.

ladyflower23 Thu 20-Nov-14 08:04:41

I had nausea till about 14 weeks. since then I have not been able to stop thinking about food and stuffing it in my face!!

Meirasa Thu 20-Nov-14 09:02:43

Mine has never gone- am now 29 weeks. I used to get really frustrated as people would say it'll ease at 12 weeks, then 16, then 20 and finally at 22 weeks they said it was probably here to stay. For everyone it's different.

Emilyjane11 Thu 20-Nov-14 09:50:33

Yeah I understand that im hoping im not unlucky like you are sad I feel for you. I've just come home from work who were less than impressed but I don't reaaalllllyyyy care x

RunBikeRun Thu 20-Nov-14 17:16:53

Oh no, I really feel for you.

I was constantly sick up until week 22 and then it was replaced with chronic nausea and reflux, I'm now 29 weeks and am still sick occasionally and have nausea but nowhere near as bad as it was.

I am lucky that my doctor is very supportive and put me straight on Anti Sickness tablets which took the edge off and although it didn't stop me being sick it reduced the amount of times.

As Meirasa says, it was so frustrating being told it would ease off and it never did.

adieutoyou Thu 20-Nov-14 17:20:23

Im 7+6 and feeling the same way, constant nausea and dizziness, mostly living on crackers and toast, cant bear to cook or eat any of the things i used to love. praying it will end soon.
In the mean time I have found that sour sweets (preggie pop drops) or those atomic fireball sweets help. I also find eating before i get out of bed stops me from vomiting first thing, then eating something every couple of hours helps. Im drinking Ginger tea like its going out of fashion but not really sure if it works.
I have just received a morning sickness relief tens machine type thing which im hoping will be a miracle cure!

KentExpecting Thu 20-Nov-14 19:01:48

I'm still insanely exhausted at 23 weeks. But nausea and gagging got replaced with heartburn and more gagging at around 18 weeks. Funny enough, you kind of get used to it.

Sorry, I know you didn't want to hear this! But I want to whinge too!

Emilyjane11 Thu 20-Nov-14 20:03:10

Haha thanks ladies at least we are all in it together ey?!?

BikeRunSki Thu 20-Nov-14 20:05:49

Pregnancy Sickness Support

Siarie Thu 20-Nov-14 20:06:45

I really do understand it feels like it will never end when you are in it. By about week 13 I started to feel better and by 16 I was more often feeling good than not.

thechinaclogs Thu 20-Nov-14 22:12:08

You poor thing, I have just been through the same and really feel for you. I am 12 weeks now and just had a whole day without feeling sick, joyous! It is an awful time but try to take heart in the knowledge that it will come to an end.
One of the things that really helped me in the worst weeks was lucozade. I read about it on here and it really was a lifesaver. I still have a six pack in my cupboard just in case.
Hope you feel better soon :-)

onedowneleventogo Thu 20-Nov-14 22:17:19

First trimester was all sickness then it magically cleared up for the 2nd. I also stopped feeling like I had a months' long case of flu. Clearly we are all different little snowflakes but if it helps to have a goal try setting your sights on that second trimester.

Teatimecakes Fri 21-Nov-14 06:20:09

I can totally sympathise. With ds I was physically sick every day until 20 ish weeks, felt exhausted and drained every single day. With current pregnancy I had horrendous nausea but only a little vomiting until
About 15 weeks, then the sickness kicked in and one minute id be fine, the next I'd be running for the loo/sink/bucket whichever was nearest. It'd come on so suddenly I'd literally have seconds to find somewhere. But as soon as id been ill, I felt fine again so this phase trumped the nausea hands down!
What got me through the early weeks were bread sticks, dry toast and water. I don't think I ate much else between 6-12 weeks in both pregnancies. It will eventually come to an end, but that ending point seems to be so different for everyone. Take care x

Gennz Fri 21-Nov-14 06:30:16

I was sick this morning and am nearly 39 weeks!! I was sick every day up til about 28 weeks. However, I do remember weeks 9 and 10 being the absolute worst, just feeling so tired/shattered/nauseous all the time. I think it eased up about week 11 (though I kept up my daily puke obviously long after that - fingers crossed you're not as unlucky!!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now