Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

help wanted

(4 Posts)
helpsearcher Wed 19-Nov-14 18:14:15

Looking for any advice please i had intercourse 7th october. had a period 25th october was 5 days long but not as heavy had the normal monthly cramps as u do. His month im a day late yest i took a cheap stick test came back possitive today i brought two of sainsburys digital tests and came back not pregnant. when i took it apart i swear there was a very faint blue line but unsure if its just my eyes. I had 2 possitive from the cheap thin dip test you get on ebay. anyone have any advice. shall i leave it to see if mother nature shows and then test again and visit gp?? Many thanks

harrowgreen Wed 19-Nov-14 18:17:51

Wait a few days and try again, if you can bear it. HCG (the hormone the tests measure) doubles in approx 48hrs, so if it's a positive, it'll be much stronger in a few days time.

Otherwise, if you're desperate to know, you can try to see the gp sooner and get a blood test: that's more accurate that a urine test.

Taking apart pg tests isn't generally recommended, although I appreciate why you've done it smile

Hope you get the result you want.

harrowgreen Wed 19-Nov-14 18:18:51

Oh and I've always had reliable results from ebay cheapies. Pretty sure they're the same as the tests gps/nurses etc use, and considerably cheaper than ClearBlue or whatever!

FluffyJawsOfDoom Wed 19-Nov-14 18:35:13

Digital tests tend to not be as sensitive as strip tests for some reason - try in a day or two or buy a non-digital smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now