Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

5+5 but no symptoms...should I be worried?!

(15 Posts)
banana84 Wed 19-Nov-14 16:02:18

Hey, I'm 5+5 with dc1 and am starting to stress because aside from a tiny bit of nausea earlier this week I haven't experienced any of the pregnancy 'symptoms'. I keep getting very mild cramps but I've read this is just my uterus stretching. Has anyone else been symptom free? It just doesn't feel real at the min - despite the positive tests!! Aaaahhhhh!! How am i going to cope for another 7 weeks?! Is it crazy that I long for morning sickness?!!

babyblabber Wed 19-Nov-14 16:38:11

I never have symptoms except for exhaustion and sore-ish boobs. But both of them only kick in around 7/8 weeks for me.

makeitabetterplace Wed 19-Nov-14 16:42:04

Make the most! I was symptom free til about seven weeks. Now I'm
29 weeks I'm almost incapacitated. Your symptoms will come and go too. That terrified me in the early days. It's normal. Good luck and enjoy time with your partner!

GotToBeInItToWinIt Wed 19-Nov-14 16:50:57

I felt like this a week ago... Now at 6+4 with my head down the toilet I'm wishing I could turn back time!

AdamLambsbreath Wed 19-Nov-14 17:09:41

Yeah, I had just the sore breasts until about 6 weeks. The following 2-3 weeks were like having a constant boozeless hangover, including need to nap and a yen for bad fatty foods smile Then back to business as usual.

There's such a range of 'normal' experiences in pregnancy that it may be you won't get symptoms for some time, or you'll just get a few, or they'll only ever be faint. I'm nearly 15 weeks and I only had symptoms for those early 2-3 weeks (and even those were fairly mild: no actual vomming, just feeling a bit run down and crap). Everything dropped off around 9 weeks, including the sore boobs - since then I've felt perfectly normal, if a little more hungry.

It's easy to say don't worry, and I spent a lot of time worrying about my 'lack' of symptoms. But still: don't worry wink

AdamLambsbreath Wed 19-Nov-14 17:12:40

Oh, and the cramping's normal. I had periody crampy pains at the start. I've also had 4 miscarriages and I can reassure you that most MCs don't start with cramping. They start with bleeding. The cramping comes in much later. So no need to stress about those twinges smile

banana84 Wed 19-Nov-14 17:52:47

Thank you soooo much, you've put my mind at ease...well for now anyway! Its so surreal, I have to keep reminding myself that I'm actually pregnant!

I'll probably be cursing myself in a few weeks for actually wanting sickness etc! Feel free to remind me of this post when I'm moaning how awful I feel smile

helpsearcher Wed 19-Nov-14 18:05:04

Looking for any advice please i had intercourse 7th october. had a period 25th october was 5 days long but not as heavy had the normal monthly cramps as u do. His month im a day late yest i took a cheap stick test came back possitive today i brought two of sainsburys digital tests and came back not pregnant. when i took it apart i swear there was a very faint blue line but unsure if its just my eyes. I had 2 possitive from the cheap thin dip test you get on ebay. anyone have any advice. shall i leave it to see if mother nature shows and then test again and visit gp?? Many thanks

AdamLambsbreath Wed 19-Nov-14 18:23:54

I'm just the same banana, except I'm 14+4. I feel perfectly normal and can't believe it's really in there! But I know it is, I was listening to its heartbeat yesterday smile

help, you only get a positive result on a pregnancy test if there is pregnancy hormone in your urine. There is no other reason for that hormone to be there: if it's positive, you've conceived. When did you take the various tests? If you're very early, then you may only get a positive result with your first morning urine. Tests taken later in the day or when your wee's more dilute may come back negative.

It seems a bit more likely, given the fact you had a period on the 25th and that you're getting faint results, that you conceived this cycle (i.e. about 2 weeks ago). Could that be possible?

I would leave it a day or two, then retest using your first wee of the day and a standard test (not digi, I think they're a bit less sensitive than the usual ones).

If you want to chat more, you may find it helpful to start your own thread in the 'Pregnancy' topic.

Good luck smile

Lunastarfish Wed 19-Nov-14 18:32:23

This time last week I had sore boobs and some heart burn. Since Saturday I have been as sick as hell, lost 1 kg and had to take a day of work. I am 7 weeks today

monkhelz82 Wed 19-Nov-14 19:17:04

adamlambsbreath...I'm so sorry to hear that you have had four miscarriages. How kind of you to use your experiences, however bad, to reassure another person. People like you are the reason I came to this forum.smile x

ghostspirit Wed 19-Nov-14 19:36:29

im 17 weeks and have had no symptoms at all. all seems to be good though

AdamLambsbreath Wed 19-Nov-14 20:09:13

Oh thanks monkhelz blush how lovely!

banana84 Wed 19-Nov-14 20:22:56

lambsbreath i didn't see your second post when I replied earlier but completely agree with monkhelz thank you for sharing your experience to reassure me. It is truly appreciated and I wish you the very best of luck. I'm new to using forums but with people like you around it makes me realise just how amazing and supportive they can be.

MissYamabuki Wed 19-Nov-14 20:40:02

DC1: whole caboodle of symptoms from 3 weeks till the end

2nd pregnancy: as above, ended in early miscarriage

DC2: no symptoms whatsoever until nausea kicked in at 8 weeks. Lasted 10 weeks, then again symptom free till the end. No sore boobs, cravings, metallic taste etc. Felt very energetic until 38 weeks.

HTH and congratulations!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now