Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

creative ways to tell parents you are having baby number 2?

(6 Posts)
stiltonandmerlot Wed 19-Nov-14 10:21:06

Morning all,

Im newly pregnant with baby number 2 (we have a 2 year old son) and thinking of creative ways to tell our parents we are having a second (at Christmas probably).... also thinking of an interesting FB announcement for much later... if anyone has any ideas.

I know some people hate all that - but I love it so there! wink

Thehedgehogsong Wed 19-Nov-14 10:22:35

I let my DD tell her nanny she was going to be a big sister. It was so exiting for her!

stiltonandmerlot Wed 19-Nov-14 10:26:36

our son cant talk yet so that wouldn't work.... he will be two in March.

Hellohellohowareyou Wed 19-Nov-14 10:31:28

We got our son a 'I'm going to be a big brother' t shirt and went to see each set of parents with him wearing it. Was interesting to see how long it took them to notice!

IHeartKingThistle Wed 19-Nov-14 10:35:35

We arrived at PILs for Christmas with DD and a car full of stuff. I said something about how much stuff we had to pack and DH said 'Yeah, imagine how full the car's going to be next year with two car seats.' Then we both just casually carried on chatting while the penny dropped (slowly!).

I will admit to rehearsing this blush

Wolfbasher Wed 19-Nov-14 10:50:43

With DC3 I stuck photocopies of the scan photo in a Christmas card for my parents, and signed the card from Wolf, Wolf's DH, Wolfette 1, Wolfette 2 and 'Me!' (with an arrow pointing from the 'Me!' to the baby in the scan picture.

My parents opened the card, nodded, smiled, put it down and began opening their present. I said 'Oh, had you guessed?' which they didn't really reply to.

Damp squib! It turned out that the whole thing had gone right over their head, they didn't recognise a scan pic when the saw one, had no idea what the 'Me!' meant, and just let it all wash over them grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now