Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

If your baby was transverse at 34 weeks

(12 Posts)
dickiedoodah Wed 19-Nov-14 03:02:38

did he/she get in the right position in time? My doctor just told me to watch TV on all fours for a couple of hours but after a day of crawling around after DD I'm not sure it's done any good.

Pandapickle100 Wed 19-Nov-14 03:56:48

I'm 34 weeks and my baby had been transverse since 20 week scan... Crawled on all fours for a few minutes each nights and then decided to let nature take its course... She turned yesterday! It's unusual for them not to turn but be aware it may be a little painful... I had cramping for almost the whole day - nothing major but had to take paracetamol. There is a good Spinning Babies website if you are interested which shows you other techniques....

PotteringAlong Wed 19-Nov-14 04:36:14

Yes! Spun from transverse to breech to head down but back to back between 34-36 weeks then changed into the right position just before I went into labour,

Look at the spinning babies websites - there are some good YouTube videos too

sleepywombat Wed 19-Nov-14 04:44:47

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

September60b Wed 19-Nov-14 07:02:36

Thanks for the thread op. My little one was breech at 28 and 31 weeks and I'm pretty sure they are transverse now at 33 weeks. Been trying the technique from spinning babies and a yoga position from you tube. Fingers crossed our little ones turn!

fairgroundsnack Wed 19-Nov-14 07:09:43

Yes my DD was transverse at 34 weeks but turned round certainly by 38 weeks then born normally at 40+9

Goodwordguide Wed 19-Nov-14 07:26:41

All three of mine were transverse at 34 weeks and they all turned. Google optimal foetal positioning for tips eg, sitting with your hips above your knees etc.

ZingOfSeven Wed 19-Nov-14 07:37:56

mine turned without any monkey crawling.

infact I was lying on my back

good luck

mumofthreegirls80 Wed 19-Nov-14 07:58:08

Yes she turned at around 35- 36 week, head down smile hope she stays that way though confusedHospital normally repeat your scans regular now to see if baby has turned.

blackwidow74 Wed 19-Nov-14 08:40:30

Yep 35 weeks with ds3 he decided to transverse with the waters bulging underneath him ... spent 3 days on all fours (I used the time to build a snow scene under the Xmas tree lol) and within a week he turned ... was 11 days overdue as was back to back and presented shoulder first so gravity wasn't applying pressure in all the right ways!!

NaiceNickname Wed 19-Nov-14 10:06:41

Mine has been transverse since I can remember, he flipped head down a couple of times and then back again, but for the last week I think he has gone head down. Lots of hiccups in my bum and kicks to the top. I am 37 weeks now. Midwife is coming for my home visit soon and will double check then and if she isn't sure then I'm off for a scan hmm

DD was also transverse until around 38 weeks then suddenly flipped. Midwife reckons I have an 'off balance womb' grin

dickiedoodah Wed 19-Nov-14 14:07:26

Thank you all, this is reassuring! I'm just going to try and do lots of crawling and some walking in the next couple of weeks before my next check up smile
I've looked at the spinning babies website and will continue to do the position they recommend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now