Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Is this pain normal ??

(9 Posts)
MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 18:25:07

I'm 21+2 & have felt like this for the past week or two .
In my pelvic area I feel a lot of pressure and when I walk about the pressure increases , it makes it near impossible for me to go anywhere as after an hour at most im on the verge of collapsing & also it takes me a day or two to recover after going anywhere even if it's to just go food shopping confused as it just leaves me feeling so exhausted

I can't call my Midwife or GP as they are both equally uninterested in any concerns I have

helloelo Tue 18-Nov-14 19:22:23

Not sure if it's going to reassure you or not but sadly yes, it sounds like pelvic pain syndrome thing I had around 24 weeks. Can't remember the exact name but yes, impossible to walk, horrendous pain, quite a few of us have been there, it's a classic issue. Solutions include physio (get referred now), belly belt and osteopath (for me, the only thing that worked, was sorted in 2 sessions).
I'm am not a gp or mw though so better seek medical opinion (although going to see an osteopath is a good option in the mean time).
Take care!

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 19:31:56

Thanks for answering me , I'll have a look in to it

makeitabetterplace Tue 18-Nov-14 20:04:28

Definitely osteopath. The Nhs physio was a total waste of time. I have a support belt which is great and the osteopath sorted it in two sessions and now I don't even have to wear the belt. I started with the pain at 18 weeks and I'm 29 now and it's finally sorted :-)

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 21:15:34

Thanks , am I best going through my GP or my Midwife ?

makeitabetterplace Tue 18-Nov-14 21:19:28

Private I'm afraid. The Nhs will refer you to a physio.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 21:31:39

I don't have the money for private

confuddledDOTcom Tue 18-Nov-14 21:50:03

Sounds like PGP to me. I would speak to your doctor or midwife about it. Not a lot can be done, the NHS recommend not doing anything other than measures to limit the damage. I've had PGP with other things for 9 years but it's supposed to go away after pregnancy.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 22:48:01

Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now