Advanced search

Pregnant? See how your baby develops, your body changes, and what you can expect during each week of your pregnancy with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Is this pain normal ??

(9 Posts)
MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 18:25:07

I'm 21+2 & have felt like this for the past week or two .
In my pelvic area I feel a lot of pressure and when I walk about the pressure increases , it makes it near impossible for me to go anywhere as after an hour at most im on the verge of collapsing & also it takes me a day or two to recover after going anywhere even if it's to just go food shopping confused as it just leaves me feeling so exhausted

I can't call my Midwife or GP as they are both equally uninterested in any concerns I have

helloelo Tue 18-Nov-14 19:22:23

Not sure if it's going to reassure you or not but sadly yes, it sounds like pelvic pain syndrome thing I had around 24 weeks. Can't remember the exact name but yes, impossible to walk, horrendous pain, quite a few of us have been there, it's a classic issue. Solutions include physio (get referred now), belly belt and osteopath (for me, the only thing that worked, was sorted in 2 sessions).
I'm am not a gp or mw though so better seek medical opinion (although going to see an osteopath is a good option in the mean time).
Take care!

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 19:31:56

Thanks for answering me , I'll have a look in to it

makeitabetterplace Tue 18-Nov-14 20:04:28

Definitely osteopath. The Nhs physio was a total waste of time. I have a support belt which is great and the osteopath sorted it in two sessions and now I don't even have to wear the belt. I started with the pain at 18 weeks and I'm 29 now and it's finally sorted :-)

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 21:15:34

Thanks , am I best going through my GP or my Midwife ?

makeitabetterplace Tue 18-Nov-14 21:19:28

Private I'm afraid. The Nhs will refer you to a physio.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 21:31:39

I don't have the money for private

confuddledDOTcom Tue 18-Nov-14 21:50:03

Sounds like PGP to me. I would speak to your doctor or midwife about it. Not a lot can be done, the NHS recommend not doing anything other than measures to limit the damage. I've had PGP with other things for 9 years but it's supposed to go away after pregnancy.

MyPandaisasecretmonster Tue 18-Nov-14 22:48:01


Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: