Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

12 week scan!! Any guesses would love to know thoughts!

(17 Posts)
Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 17:41:56

Finally after suffering for 7 weeks so far with hyperemesis we had first scan. It made all of the sickness worth whilst even thought its so tough everyday.

Seeing our little baby kicking and jumping was like a ray of sunshine!!
Anyone have any thoughts on what the gender may be? Am so desperate to know cant believe another 8 or 9 weeks until I see baby again smile
Would be so grateful xxx

foxyfemke Tue 18-Nov-14 17:57:46

12 weeks is too early to tell. You should be able to see at your 20-week scan.

TheNewClassic Tue 18-Nov-14 17:57:49

How would we be able to tell?

TheNewClassic Tue 18-Nov-14 17:58:23

But from what you have said it may be a boy or a girl.

Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:08:38

Some people like to guess and others have fun little theories! Whether acurate or not its lovely smile

lightgreenglass Tue 18-Nov-14 18:13:29

12 weeks isn't too early to tell. With DS they told us he was a boy at 12 weeks at Kings.

I'm going to go for girl. Good luck with everything!

muddylettuce Tue 18-Nov-14 18:19:40

I think boy!
I had my scan today too. Finding it difficult to have any clear thoughts either way with my own though! My pics are so blurry because the little pickle was doing back flips! Here's mine though for any guessers out there. Keep reading about the nub theory, is thewhite bit a nub? No idea!

Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:20:27

Thank you light green glass!! That's nice for you bet you were so excited!!x

Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:23:24

Aww sweet picture they are like little acrobats!! It's so difficult to tell! I am guessing boy for you muddy lettuce!! Will keep researching smile good luck with your gymnastic baby! smile

TheNewClassic Tue 18-Nov-14 18:32:41

Ah are there pictures on this thread that I can't see.

sorry op if there are I thought u were just randomly asking to guess.

Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 18:51:14

Yes had posted a little pic!! That's ok smile I don't blame you for thinking that if you couldn't see a picture ha ha!x that would be some guess!

Quitelikely Tue 18-Nov-14 18:53:45

I think it's a girl! Google the nub theory and see what you think!

ILiveOnABuildsite Tue 18-Nov-14 19:06:20

Congrats Dandelion! Based on skull theory I want to say girl. I guessed my dd correctly from her 12 week scan but I did have a 50% chance grin.

3 weeks to go before 20wk scan with second one, can't wait to find out if I've guessed correctly this time around.

Dandelion99 Tue 18-Nov-14 21:27:29

Thank you guys for guessing, I will google the nub theory thank you quite likely and good luck I live on a buildsite with your scan how exciting!
I was like mr bean in my scan, I drank too much water so had to empty bladder a bit, but when she tried it was still too full so had to empty some more- it was pushing down on the womb or something!!! Then it was too empty so I had to leave the scan room and drink a bit more beofre it was done again!! Then it was just right!! It was like goldylocks and the 3 scan attempts!!

Dogsmom Wed 19-Nov-14 13:01:32

I think girl.
Youll have to update once you know, are you finding out?

Dandelion99 Wed 19-Nov-14 15:28:20

I think we will find out its just too tempting!! I will post what it is when I find out x thanks!

Lizzy86 Fri 21-Nov-14 17:33:11

Hey ladies

I've only just noticed but every single scan picture (12 week) i have seen i have noticed that the baby is in the same position. Facing upwards with legs in the air. I have just googled it too and i havent seen any scan picture like mine hmm

But my little one was face down (so face towards uterus) at 12 week scan, is this normal?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now