Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

40+3 wks and NO SIGNS WHATSOEVER!!!!!!

(7 Posts)
Sammijay84 Tue 18-Nov-14 14:36:50

confusedconfusedconfused Aaaaaaarrrrrggh GET OUT! GET OUT! GET OUT! okay so this is somewhat of an over the top beginning to the thread.....

I really can't complain about my pregnancy as I've had it easy and I truly have loved every second of it!! However..... I'm 3 days overdue and I feel no different whatsoever so I'm pretty sure that Bubs aint gonna be making an appearance anytime soon!!

I own my own hair salon and I'm somewhat of a workaholic, I finished work exactly a week ago and I'm bored!! There's only so much housework/cooking/shopping any one person can do!!!

Other people are driving me friggin insane with daily "any signs yet?" messages...... I really wanna reply telling them to piss off but I realise that would be harsh lol!

The last 2 days I've been overcome with tiredness halfway through the day (very much like right back at the very beginning of pregnancy) and I think maybe that's getting me down cos usually I'm so active.

Anyway...... How much truth is there in the old wives tales to bringing on labour? Ya know the ones...... sex, spicy food, long walks etc.

Any help/advice would be much appreciated..... and even if no advice, just anyone else in the same situation wanna moan?? Haha

amy83firsttimer Tue 18-Nov-14 16:57:19

Join us on the November antenatal club thread - there's a fair few of us overdue and whinging daily! I'm pretty sure that scientifically the only things that bring on labour are nipple stimulation, orgasm and sex where he finishes inside you (at least they all go together nicely!) 40+8

amy83firsttimer Tue 18-Nov-14 16:58:55

www.mumsnet.com/Talk/antenatal_clubs/2233929-November-2014-thread-10-the-one-where-someone-uses-the-name-Phoebo

ToniWol Tue 18-Nov-14 17:01:18

Yup. Come and join us. 11 days past term here and preparing the eviction notices.

hotfuzzra Tue 18-Nov-14 18:19:40

I don't think nipple fiddling works! It brings on BHs but nothing else :-(

harrowgreen Tue 18-Nov-14 20:25:21

When labour with #2 slowed down, Dh and I were asked if we'd like to be left alone so he could ahem pleasure me to try to speed things up without needing drugs.

Surprisingly enough, we declined smile

OP - I went to bed on my due date with #1 moaning about how I would never give birth. Three hours later I awoke to a soaking wet bed: my waters had gone and the baby was on her way. There is hope!

Sammijay84 Wed 19-Nov-14 17:16:48

Yay smile I'll keep the faith for a little longer then!!! Haha I can't believe they offered you "private time".....How awkward lol!!

Awww thanks Amy I'll bob across to the November antenatal club and join in, thanks xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now