Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Due date moved at very end

(7 Posts)
OhMjh Tue 18-Nov-14 10:27:58

I've just had a call from my midwife this morning to say that they've moved my due date from the 14th of this month to the 19th, meaning I'm not due until tomorrow instead of being 4 days over. Apparently they had two dates on their system for me and a change over in my midwife care lead to a mix up ( apparently the 19th goes better with my fundal height)...needless to say, I am fuming. I've got a fractured rib and severe ligament damage, I've already endured two sweeps, I got my induction date yesterday for next Wednesday and now that rolls over into December.

I know it's only 5 days but I found out when I was 4 weeks pregnant, so I've been pregnant for what feels like a lifetime only to be told I could have her in an entirely different month. sad

Jodie1982 Tue 18-Nov-14 11:10:51

OMG you poor thing sad
I'd b fuming and probably crying. If I was in ur situation I'd take myself off to Maternity Triage and complain of the terrible pain I'm in, and possibly get another sweep (every time I've had a 3rd it's worked. ;) )

You have my sympathies though. X

ChatEnOeuf Tue 18-Nov-14 11:15:44

I would be googling the raft of data that suggests fundal height is NOT the gold standard for dating a pregnancy and that they should stick with their earlier estimates.

SomeSunnySunday Tue 18-Nov-14 11:22:24

Which one goes best with your "12" week /dating scan date? Here they have always insisted on sticking with that one as my due date, regardless of my own dates (and even when a scan one week earlier gave a significantly different date).

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 18-Nov-14 11:45:34

You say there were two dates on file - was one your lmp and the other from your dating scan. They should only use the dating scan one.

If you're in a bit of a bad physical state you can request early induction anyway, so hopefully shouldn't mean you have to wait longer.

OhMjh Tue 18-Nov-14 11:52:23

That's it, they've apparently been using my LMP one and no one thought to mention the dating scan one to my current midwife when the old one left. I've only known my due date as the 14th.

In terms of requesting induction early, how would I go about that? Would it be a case of speaking to my midwife who knows what a state I'm in and asking to keep my induction date as planned?

WhyOWhyWouldYou Tue 18-Nov-14 12:03:35

Yeah, speak to the midwife about early induction because of the physical pain and difficulties you're in. As you were already given a date that you'd like to keep it should be pretty straight forward.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now