Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

33wks and so emotional

(5 Posts)
valentina39 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:50:57

I feel like I'm going mad. First pregnancy and thank my lucky stars everything has gone so well.. Until a few days ago when I can't stop crying and feeling angry.

Everything aches, walking hurts, I feel angry and scared that I am going to be trapped in the house under a pile of shitty nappys, with a fat body and greasy hair....

I finish work this week and turn 40 on Saturday...everything is changing and I just want to feel happy and I can do is feel angry that there are socks lying around and my job in 7 weeks will be to pick them up all day!! confused

I can't wait to give my baby a cuddle when I meet it, but am scared that my life is going to be dull and hard and I feel so ungrateful for thinking like rat.

I miss winewink

000lucy Tue 18-Nov-14 10:37:19

Hi there,
You sound quite normal to me with how you feel, im 26 wks n up n down a lot, last night i couldnt sleep cos my partner had said some negitive things to me which were very hurtful. Im looking forward to meeting my new bundle of joy too and I hope you embrace motherhood and im sure you'll forget about your job when baby comes along. Good luck smile

ffallada Tue 18-Nov-14 11:07:13

Oh sweetie,
I could have written your post (except that I'm 37 weeks pregnant with my first). And I'm not that bothered about meeting the baby or cuddling it (I lie about this is real life). I am hoping that I go a couple of weeks over due as I am trying to put off the rest of my life.

I'm quite keen for the baby to stop kicking me thought! I'd quite like to see my feet again and for the heartburn to stop. I'd like to bend over and pick things off the floor without groaning like an 80 year old man. I'd like not to feel exhausted after doing very little.

I spend quite a lot of time crying about life changing and not being the centre of my own world. I think this comes from having a great mum and feeling like I have a lot to live up to.

So, I'm hoping that when I see the baby the hormones will kick in and I will fall in love and not mind the washing, poo, lack of sleep and generally not being me any more.

ffallada Tue 18-Nov-14 11:08:42

And the alternative of not having a baby at this stage just doesn't bear thinking about.

I am sure someone will be along who will be able to offer better words of reassurance and wisdom.

It sounds like your doing just fine to me

valentina39 Tue 18-Nov-14 12:10:13

Bless you... Thank you for your words.. It helps to know I'm not mad...
And as for bending over and not groaning.. I'm with you I huff and pant and groan all day.

Sometimes the demons override the excitement eh.

Good luck to you grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now