Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

low lying placenta

(6 Posts)
kitkatkaty87 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:27:42

Hi,

I've had a low lying placenta from 20 week scan (wasn't covering at this point just very close to cervix) and just had 4d scan at 27 weeks and was told placenta still low. I google it and have read all about people having lots of bleeds and big ones. I'm due to go to centre parcs for a week when ill be 34 weeks (about an hours journey from home) after reading these things I'm worried in case I have a bleed whilst away and am too far from the hospital.
any advice or experience and whether you think I should still go or not?

Thanks smile

Cuppatea14 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:50:51

I was just told not to go abroad, but I would think an hour away is fine. Chances are it'll have moved by then, the vast majority sort themselves out (mine includedsmile) by 34 weeks. Best of luck!

sliceofsoup Tue 18-Nov-14 08:51:22

I had this with DD2. The placenta was covering 2/3 of the cervix at 20 and 28 week scan, and I was warned I might have to have a C Section.

I didn't have one single bleed, despite moving house in that time and being under a lot of stress. It had moved by the 34 week scan. (I was having regular scans due to high BMI)

So I would say that you could still go but take it really easy, lots of sitting down and relaxing.

Mrsgrumble Tue 18-Nov-14 08:52:38

I also have low placenta and currently 37 weeks. I am booked in for a section. I would go on hoilday as its only an hour away.

shroomboom Tue 18-Nov-14 08:58:55

I had this with dd - mine was low but not covering the cervix too. I felt pretty panicky, worrying about bleeds and complications with the labour, but by 30 something weeks it had moved up (as I was told most do) and I was able to have a normal labour and birth.
Can you have another scan before you go away? if not then maybe find out where the nearest hospital is to Centreparcs and just take things easy. We did a massively long journey by car (8/9 hours) when I was around 34 weeks & we took the hospital bag with us just in case. Nothing happened, and all was well, but it did put my mind at rest knowing that we were prepared.
Good luck smile

kitkatkaty87 Tue 18-Nov-14 09:05:06

Thanks all. Makes me feel a bit better about going. Yes will find out nearest hospital and I'm planning on not doing much while I'm there, maybe just a short walk to the coffee shop each day. Nice to hear that most of yours had moved. I was kind of resigning myself to the fact that Iit would be a cesarean as it hasn't yet moved. I'm thinking I could pay to get a growth scan the weekend before going and see if it has moved then. My next scan won't be until 36 weeks otherwise.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now