Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stressed

(8 Posts)
MrsCK Mon 17-Nov-14 21:34:14

30 weeks, bad spd, finding it hard to breathe properly (normal apparently), busy 10 hour days at work and moving house this week.

I'm struggling to keep it together. I'm so so stressed and there is so much going through my head, so much to organise and so much still to pack sad

Haven't even thought about Christmas or the baby yet!

madwomanbackintheattic Mon 17-Nov-14 21:36:25

Well, you know the answer is either to change the dates of your mat leave, or head to the GP.

If you can't cope, no point being a martyr. Go sort it out <said with a sensible head, not being a bitch>

Good luck.

BilboTheAlmighty Tue 18-Nov-14 04:35:05

madwoman is right. If you can't cope, or even if you barely cope, it may be a good idea to start your maternity leave a little sooner (depending on when you wanted to start in the 1st place). I had to make that decision and asked to start my maternity leave 2 weeks sooner than anticipated and now that I know the end is in sight, I feel so much better for it. I was really stressed and didn't even have the excuse of moving house on top of it all!

Take care OP.

MrsCK Tue 18-Nov-14 07:03:02

I leave in just over 4 weeks as it is.. so really not too long. The end is in sight! I think I just needed somewhere to vent last night....sorry. I am trying to take it easy though. doesn't help that DH is stressed out too and we end up snapping at each other about everything!
Thanks for listening

GooseRoasties Tue 18-Nov-14 07:20:53

You sound just like me a few weeks ago.. Bad spd, moved house and a very physical job. I spent most nights crying in pain and stress.
I had to start mat leave earlier and it was the best thing that I did.. I'm 36 weeks now have settled into my new house, my spd is being helped and my relationship with dp is blooming again. It will get better but just remember your not alone!

Taura Tue 18-Nov-14 07:20:58

My mantra has been "plod on". Not very exciting, but just reminds me to keep going and that's all I need. I've been lucky that everything with my baby has been perfectly fine so far - all measurements and tests all where they should be - so even if the carrier is a little creaky, then at least the one inside hasn't suffered.

MrsCK Tue 18-Nov-14 07:29:04

Oh Taura..you are right. my LO is fine too...I need to remember that and that all of this is for them!!

Goosie....Thanks for your reply! I can't leave any sooner unfortunately due to money, but I am glad I'm not hanging on past 34 weeks! I know I will be so happy once we are in and unpacked smile

Picklesauage Tue 18-Nov-14 07:30:03

On a practical note, lists are your friend. Take 2 hours and make lists of what needs doing. Divide it up into however many days you have. When I have had massive complex issues to get sorted this has been what let me sleep at night.
Do you have any holiday left? Even one productive day at home can make such a difference?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now