Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Leaky breasts !!???

(6 Posts)
joflores Mon 17-Nov-14 21:26:02

Ok ladies, so this my first proper post !!

I have been producing colostrum for weeks and weeks practically since I found out I was pregnant ! I'm now 29 + 4, and one breast is running like a tap!! I have my OH currently sterilizing a freezing pot so I can collect ( just out of interest as to how mush is there I suppose ) but wanted to know wether this is linked with signs of baby coming? I'm convinced she will be early as she's really low and I've been experiencing BH for the past couple of days ? I'm not worried just curious !?

muddylettuce Mon 17-Nov-14 22:04:45

I started leaking at 16 weeks, it dried up a bit towards the end but baby was born at
41 weeks so not early! Try not to worry. X

joflores Thu 20-Nov-14 13:02:17

Bump

caravela Thu 20-Nov-14 15:25:29

I started leaking around 24 weeks. It came and went for the rest of the pregnancy but around 30 to 32 weeks the left one dripped like a tap the whole time. Then it died down again. Dd was born at 39+6 so I don't think there's a correlation.

Gingerandcocoa Fri 21-Nov-14 09:14:53

I started leaking at around 23 weeks and continued to leak until birth. Was induced at 41+5 so no correlation. The midwives were amazed at how much colostrum I had after DS was born though!

WrappedInABlankie Fri 21-Nov-14 09:52:10

I started leaking at 16 weeks everytime the slightest pressure was on my boob it leaked like a tap, never collected it though has my ds as 42 weeks exactly, nurses were impressed with the amount of it but it's all good. No need to worry smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now