Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

What is this lump?

(5 Posts)
Foreverblue Mon 17-Nov-14 20:52:36

Hi there just a wee quick question..last night I discovered a small, slightly tender lump just on the edge of my nipple..it's just below the skin so quite easy to feel without pressing hard..I'm 38 weeks pregnant and have an appointment booked with my doctor for this week..just wondering if anyone else had anything similar during their pregnancy?

wigfieldrocks Tue 18-Nov-14 12:17:16

If it's tender it's probably hormonal changes due to the late stages of pregnancy, however you should still get it checked. I'm currently 36 weeks and found a lump last week too - my GP not too concerned but has referred me to the breast clinic for an ultrasound just to be on the safe side. It's better to get it investigated now than in a few weeks when you start breast feeding (you'll be lumpy all over then!).

Foreverblue Tue 18-Nov-14 13:08:02

Thanks for that smile
I was just a bit concerned...my appointment is tomoro morning so I'll definitely get it checked..I'm hoping its maybe just a cyst or blocked duct? Don't know if this is possible since I'm not breast feeding yet

AnythingNotEverything Tue 18-Nov-14 13:11:25

I had a milk cyst during pregnancy. It was just my body gearing up for bf.

Get it checked though. I went to the breast clinic when DD was about 10 weeks old and she was made very welcome.

Foreverblue Tue 18-Nov-14 13:17:48

Thank you! That's quite reassuring..I'm trying to avoid googling symptoms coz I'm a bit of a worrier..hopefully I'll know more tomoro after the gp smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now