Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Anyone ever transferred hospitals for antenatal care?

(4 Posts)
ameliarose2012 Mon 17-Nov-14 17:30:20

Just that really. There are 2 hospitals in the local area that have antenatal departments. With DD I was told I should attend hospital A due to better consultant care for epilepsy. It was absolutely fantastic, and I couldn't fault them at all. At my booking appointment this time I had a student midwife filling in the form with me, and she forgot to ask which hospital I wanted to go to and filled in hospital B's notes. I didn't realise, but the two have totally different sets of notes. I said after that I wanted to go to the other hospital, but they basically bullied me into accepting the hospital so they wouldn't have to rewrite all the notes! I really wish I hadn't - I had my first appointment today, and they were rubbish! Now I want to transfer, but have no idea how to go about it. Has anyone done this?

RevoltingPeasant Mon 17-Nov-14 17:33:53

No but I would start by ringing up the supervisor of MWs in your area, and asking nicely, explaining that it was an 'administrative error' and that you have been told for medical reasons you should be under the care of Mr X (who was your cons last time?).

CilkieWallins Mon 17-Nov-14 17:34:40

If you have a look at the website of the hospital you want to transfer to, hopefully it will tell you what you need to do. In my case I just had to call the maternity helpline of the new hospital, and a new booking appointment/scans were arranged from there. Hope that helps!

Duckstar Mon 17-Nov-14 17:40:30

I transferred twice in first pregnancy. First time moved at 20 weeks. Saw midwife at new GP surgery who effectively transferred my care to new hospital. Went to new hospital at 22 weeks for appointment. Fell out with OB. Made appointment with GP next day and said wanted care transferred to another hospital. GP did urgent request for me to be seen by OB at 3rd hospital. She told midwife who then filled in a 3rd set of notes.

Personally in your situation I would make appointment with your GP and get them to refer you back to old hospital. If you have an underlying health condition far more sensible to be under the old team who managed you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now