Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Please help!

(7 Posts)
bunnyears1993 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:18:54

Hi, I'm needing some advice.

My period was due 1 week ago and still hasn't arrived. I was reading online that in you're first month of pregnancy your symptoms are much like what you would have if you were due your period, which I have currently been experiencing. I started spotting when I was due my period but it stopped. 2 days ago I took 4 pregnancy tests, 2 clear blue and 2 tescos cheap ones. All four came back positive.

Obviously this is a huge shock so today I bought 1 more clear blue and 2 tescos and they have all come back negative.

I really need some advice before I tell my partner what is happening.

Much appreciated.

NovemberRainbow Mon 17-Nov-14 13:31:39

We're both the positive and negative tests taken with the first urine of the day?

The pregnancy hormone will be at higher levels in your urine first thing in the morning, so if you took the negative tests later in the day with more dilute urine it could just be that.

OhMjh Mon 17-Nov-14 13:45:11

It's pretty much impossible to get a false positive, let alone 4 of them.
I'd say you're pregnant! It may be that you're very early on, hence the two negative today if it wasn't first wee of the day - are you sure they aren't just very faint? You could always get a HCG check at the doctors if you need more confirmation.

bunnyears1993 Mon 17-Nov-14 13:54:39

The 4 positive were in the evening and the negative were late morning but not first urine.

That's what I had read online, you could get false negatives but not false positives, especially if there were 4 positives.

NovemberRainbow Mon 17-Nov-14 14:00:14

I would go and get your HCG levels checked. Yes you can get false negatives, but you cannot test positive without HCG present.

Monstamio Mon 17-Nov-14 15:03:33

The strength of your urine and the sensitivity of the test both contribute to whether a test will show up as positive. Clearblue tests aren't the most sensitive, not sure about Tesco's own. I would suggest buying a First Response and using it first thing in the morning with your first wee of the day, as this is usually the most concentrated.

Unfortunately, if you continue to show as negative it may be that you have suffered a chemical pregnancy or early miscarriage. But do stay positive for now... as others have said, false negatives do happen. flowers

Monstamio Mon 17-Nov-14 15:08:45

Sorry, just realised that you weren't TTC, so apologies if my response missed the mark a bit. But the advice still stands - do an early morning test with a first response or similarly sensitive test (10 miu/ml) and you should get a better idea of where you stand so you can start thinking about your options. flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now