loader

Talk

Advanced search

20w 5 days pregnancy may not continue

(5 Posts)
Babiecakes11 Mon 17-Nov-14 11:15:13

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

juneavrile Mon 17-Nov-14 11:35:05

So sorry to hear this. I have not had this problem, but do know that people with a short cervix are sometimes given a stitch - is this not an option?
What has the hospital suggested - anything? Bed rest?
Best wishes.

Mama1980 Mon 17-Nov-14 11:41:41

Hi so sorry you find yourself in this situation. I had similar issues with my last pregnancy. It is bloody awful, my nerves were utterly shredded.
Have the drs admitted you? Suggested bed rest?
I was given a cervical stitch, is this a possibility for you?
Fwiw it's worth I delivered at 24 weeks to the day and after a nicu fight my son is fine.
Thinking do you thanks

KeepSmiling83 Mon 17-Nov-14 18:57:27

Is it definitely a cervical erosion? I have that but have been told it causes no problems in pregnancy. The only problem it causes is slight bleeding during a smear or other examination. I would be asking what they propose to do to reduce the risk of premature labour at your next appointment and try your best not to worry (we are having problems with our second pregnancy at the moment so I realise that's easier said than done!) x

rubyboo2 Tue 18-Nov-14 08:36:10

I was diagnosed with a cervical ectropian/ cervical erosion a couple of weeks ago , I am now 28 wks . Ive been told this wont effect my pregnancy and is harmless the bleeding is triggered by hormones or you can have some after sex .
I think the shortness of your cervix isnt to do with the bleeding and something else .
Sounds like you need some expert advice , have you made an appointment to see your midwife and discuss this ? Good luck

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now