Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SPD one pregnancy... Not another?

(5 Posts)
UML Sun 16-Nov-14 22:02:14

Hi

I am on my fourth pregnancy ...

In my last pregnancy I got moderate spd which was manageable... I used to reassure myself that all the loosening up was my body getting ready for the birth, and of all the pregnancies it was indeed the only normal birth without complications...

This time round I hardly have any symptoms... If I have a busy day I will feel tired and sore around pelvis (as all pregnant women do!) but I don't have any of the not being able to get out of bed without difficulty stuff etc

I am grateful but am I wrong in thinking that maybe my body is not as ready as last time?

I had a cesarean and a nightmarous assisted delivery previously to my normal birth ... I suppose i am really hoping to have a good delivery this time round too and wondering about spd...

Hoping any experienced mums can enlighten me!

Thanks

Threesoundslikealot Mon 17-Nov-14 14:03:44

I didn't have SPD second time round, and had just as straightforward a birth. I would just count yourself lucky!

HulaHoopsInTheBath Mon 17-Nov-14 14:18:19

I don't gave SPD this time either and I am 34 weeks. Only time will tell if it means my body isn't as ready, but after a pretty tricky and long labour first time round I am not convinced I was more ready then. In fact I have decided I don't have the pains this time round because I have done it before and my body is now more than ready smile

WhyOWhyWouldYou Mon 17-Nov-14 14:18:25

SPD is ultimately caused by pelvis being out of line (something that on its own most people won't even realise is wrong), then exasperated by the pregnancy hormones relaxing ligaments allowing the pelvic bones to spread apart. Its not the spreading that causes the pain, its the fact they were/are out of line.

Its possible that your pelvis has realigned properly after your last birth, so this time there wouldn't be SPD pains as the ligaments relaxed and the pelvis spread. It doesn't mean your body is any less prepared.

UML Mon 17-Nov-14 15:12:42

Thank you for the replies.. Informative and very reassuring!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now