Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Expecting January Baby - Decorating Nursery Help!

(13 Posts)
expecting1st Sun 16-Nov-14 19:17:49

Hi everyone,

We're expecting our first son on 19th Jan, and want to get the nursery sorted ASAP. So far we’ve got the cot, a wardrobe and some jungle-themed wall stickers (I love them!).

I don’t want to go down the stereotypical route of lots of blue, but I do want it to be colourful. But I’m having trouble visualising what colour/style of curtains and other furnishing would go with the wall stickers.

I've attached a pic of the nursery in it’s current (bare) state.

Any advice appreciated!

Thanks,

Erica

Fevertree Sun 16-Nov-14 19:19:47

How about green, yellow or orange? I'd pick one of the colours from the wall stickers

MegMogandOwlToo Sun 16-Nov-14 19:23:27

I'd paint the window wall in a very pale green, something like crown soft apple.. Like a powdery green.

cheshirem2b Sun 16-Nov-14 19:30:35

Ours is very similar...
B&Q do a cute animal light shade - I can't find it online but it has owls hanging from it as well!
We have blinds at the window and no curtains yet - going to decide on those once baby is born so we know how think they need to be etc. we don't know if we are team pink or blue.
Everything in our nursery is animal themed... :-)

WhyOWhyWouldYou Sun 16-Nov-14 19:32:34

Id go with greens and yellows too.

cheshirem2b Sun 16-Nov-14 19:33:00

Here it is...

NinjaPanda34 Sun 16-Nov-14 19:56:47

www.mamasandpapas.com/product-timbuktales-tab-top-curtains-132-x-160cm/7035d5300/type-i/

We're getting these from Mammas and Papas smile

SEH23 Sun 16-Nov-14 20:02:44

i have a similar theme in my daughters room, though her bedding and stickers are crocs, owls, tiger etc and have pastel green on walls with pale pink curtains. i didn't know the gender of baby before birth but actually love the room now. orange would b lovely though.

smile

SEH23 Sun 16-Nov-14 20:03:27

our paint was dulux melon sorbet.. just asked DH!!

Rkbump Sun 16-Nov-14 20:14:56

I think a nice matching green to those leaves on the tree would look lovely for the curtains. I do think with a green shade in little places around the room (blanket over nursing chair or something) it would look really nice. Love the wall stickers!

JennyBlueWren Sun 16-Nov-14 20:45:02

I'm thinking of a similar theme (due Feb and planning to do lots over Christmas hols as I'm a teacher). Have found some nice animal themed fabric in the local sewing shop so going to make them up into curtains with blackout fabric behind so the room can be properly dark in the summer (we're in northern Scotland so that can be a big problem).
Will look for a matching changing mat and rug too.

Have you got a chair to sit on in the room. I already have a comfy one I might keep or else replace with a rocking chair.

Keep it fairly simple for now as people will give you more things and you might just come across things you want.

expecting1st Sun 16-Nov-14 22:10:42

Thanks for all the suggestions so far, some great ones.

Love those mamas and papas curtains, but not sure how cream curtains would look when everything else is white?

expecting1st Sun 16-Nov-14 22:12:07

Also, no I don't have a chair yet. Don't like the look of any of the proper nursing chairs, they all look massive!! Am looking for a compact chair to go at the end of the cot, as the room's quite small.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now