Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Sore Nipples - Can Anyone Suggest a Good Cream?

(12 Posts)
krogers90 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:53:18

Hi Ladies,

I'm 13 weeks and my nipples are so sore already! They are dry, red and peeling and I'm wondering if anyone can suggest a good cream/ointment that they've used? I've tried Boots own Nipple Moisturising Cream - I'm happy to spend a bit more money on it if it'll work but don't want to buy one that then disappoints! Thanks

Izzy24 Sun 16-Nov-14 16:55:13

Could be thrush? Worth checking with your GP who can prescribe if it is.

tomanyanimals Sun 16-Nov-14 16:57:44

I've been told to use the lasinoh nipple cream ready for breastfeeding may be worth a go?

bakingtins Sun 16-Nov-14 17:02:16

Lansinoh is really good but it's unusual to need anything until you start breastfeeding so I second the suggestion to get GP or midwife to check first. On the plus side they may then prescribe the Lansinoh for you (or MW often have sample sachets) this saving you forking out a tenner.

magpiegin Sun 16-Nov-14 17:09:37

I had sore nipples when pregnant and boots nipple cream really helped.

thatwouldbeanecumenicalmatter Sun 16-Nov-14 17:20:41

Hi OP, poor you that sounds painful! Like other pp have said get it checked out.

In the mean time is your bra well fitting enough? If it's too loose it may be causing chaffing. Also have sore nipples (21 weeks) and have found keeping them well wrapped up and warm helps!

Oh and congratulations! thanks

superbfairywren Sun 16-Nov-14 17:24:40

I had dry irritated nipples early on like you and lansinoh worked for me, hardly needed a drop and it cleared flakey skin up straight away. Now I have it ready for breast feeding when baby arrives. Any sensitive moisturiser would probably do the job though as lansinoh isn't the cheapest! I have used my face serum on them occasionally and that works fine too. Good call on speaking to gp though, although i imagine they will prescribe something other than Lansinoh as it's so pricey.

JennyBlueWren Sun 16-Nov-14 20:48:40

Ooh I'll try that too -my skin's gone flaky around the nipple. Nipples had been sore but that was due to rubbing in bra and I solved it with breast pads (the washable fabric ones from Boots are great). Not sure if the breast pads have dried out the skin though.

Vinylux Sun 16-Nov-14 21:13:36

Lansinoh is worth every penny. I wouldn't have been able to keep breastfeeding without it. I'd recommend that for during pregnancy too.

FruitBadger Sun 16-Nov-14 21:16:04

Lansinoh is £6.66 on Amazon at the moment, I've just bought 2 in preparation grin

MumaBex Sun 16-Nov-14 21:39:41

Lanolin balm

avocadotoast Mon 17-Nov-14 08:19:24

Coconut oil is good (and cheap) if you don't mind the smell of it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now