Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

First time!! July baby-what to buy?!

(7 Posts)
charlotteshouse2008 Sat 15-Nov-14 20:42:45

Hello all,

I am pregnant with my first baby and absolutely over the moon! Baby is due in July 2015 and I am not sure what to buy in terms of clothing/bedding because of the heat. It has been sweltering for the past few years in July and August and really uncomfortable. Any advice would be gratefully received as none of my baby books seem to cover this!

Many thanks smile

yellowsnownoteatwillyou Sat 15-Nov-14 20:50:24

I had ds in 2013 end of July. He mostly wore long /short sleeved body suits with socks and (sock ons) or baby grows to sleep in and just a cellular blanket, he moved into a grow bag at 8 weeks so sept/October.
During the day he wore the same,if we went out for a walk I put a cardi over the top of whatever he was wearing,added soft trouser/legging type things and a blanket.
He was never in a snow suit so I have numerous sizes of them that he never wore. And he hated hats, I also have lots of these.
Little all in one romper suits are good for the house as well.

minimommymary Sat 15-Nov-14 20:58:51

my daughter was born 3 June this year. we had the heatwave shortly after her birth. i used normal bedding (blanket or quilt and matching bumper) but reduced amount of clothing on her. mostly she just wore a vest, so don't spend loads on baby grows in first size as you may b wasting your money.. my daughter didn't wear many of the things people bought!

PuppyMummy Sat 15-Nov-14 21:25:36

I had a June baby this year. dont always feel like you need to follow the 'one more layer than you' rule.
He was and still is a warm baby so often just wore a sleeveless or short sleeved vest when it was extremely hot. Generally he was just in a normal long sleeved babygrow. I also got him some little shorts and tshirts.

I had a couple of light jersey blankets that were useful for when out (he would hav been far too hot in a cardy) or at night until he could go into a sleeping bag (he was tiny). and then he had a 1 tog that he wore with a short sleeved vest.

Emilyjane11 Mon 17-Nov-14 12:07:30

Im due on the 5th when are you due charlotteshouse? It's my first too.
I was wondering about what to buy and because im not finding out out the sex I reckon im going to get lots of babygrows, short and long sleeved and vests. xx

icklekid Mon 17-Nov-14 12:11:34

My first was born this july- the most clothes he had on was a long sleeved vest/sleepsuit. He often only had a short sleeved vest and sometimes just a nappy! Have a blanket but at times he just had a large muslin over him- never mastered swaddling. As soon as big enough 1 tog gro bag was brilliant! Congratulations by the way!

Racheyg Mon 17-Nov-14 12:53:46

I had my 1st in July 2013 and it was a heat wave. My son lived in baby gros long and short with socks. It was so hot he didnt need much. When he slept we had him in a sleep romper suit with a thin blanket but we made sure he was at the bottom of his basket (to avoid suffocation) but even some nights it was so hot he didnt have the blanket we had a gro egg to make sure the room was not too hot ect.

Tesco do amazing babygros which last and they are cheap, dont be fooled in thinking you need to spend lots on babygros ect but i would suggest gap socks as they last and stay on the feet unlike others.

I am due my second in june 2015 so might be slightly cooler smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now