Talk

Advanced search

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Round Ligament Pain

(5 Posts)
Dolly87 Sat 15-Nov-14 20:41:11

Hi there

I'm 17 weeks pregnant and for the past 24hours ive had a horrible pain on my right lower side of my abdomen. Hurts if I bend down to pick something up and just generally aches. Sorry tmi, but when I go to the loo the pressure makes it hurt too. Is this normal round ligament pain of should I be worried? This is my first pregnancy and worry about everything. We are about 40mins from our hospital and don't want to bother doctors if I'm stressing over nothing. I do feel like my bump has just popped over the last few days so is it possible it's just uterus growing and stretching? Just had a cry to husband blush xx

blackwidow74 Sat 15-Nov-14 23:58:42

I would give the midwife/doctor a call just to rule out a water infection which are really common in pregnancy and can cause pain in the area you describe ... round ligament pain eases up after a sit down and rest ... get plenty of fluids into you to rule out dehydration, to flush your system through and pee immediately on getting the urge and fully empty the bladder until you can get an appointment to get checked out. Of course if it gets too uncomfortable then pop to a walk in centre or a&e!

TotleighTowers Sun 16-Nov-14 07:43:18

I'm 22 weeks and feel the same pain with the same triggers - also when I get up too quickly or exercise. Think this is normal round ligament pain. The sharp pain does go away again after a few minutes though...

Dolly87 Sun 16-Nov-14 10:00:50

Thanks ladies. The pain is still there and feels like a constant ache, not sure whether to phone my maternity unit or not. Arghhhh, just worried xx

divingoffthebalcony Sun 16-Nov-14 10:55:49

Round ligament pain is supposed to happen more on the right, but in my experience it's never a constant pain. For me it's a sharp pain that takes me by surprise when I get up from sitting/turn over in bed. I would get checked out in case it's something else.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now